The Friendship Continues
judamom
Posted 2006-12-27 4:32 AM (#72290)
Subject: The Friendship Continues

How about "The friendship Continues". Tourist suggested we start again so we won't have difficulty connecting. I just reread some of "zzzuluwarrior and friends" and it caused me to miss Ystan so. Her keen sense of humor and sharp understanding is missing now for two weeks....or more. I am wishing her all good things but will delight when I see her name here! I am busy completing things of this year so I start the New Year fresh. TS sent a wonderful article on Chakra's to my email. Honorable TSSundaram, do you want to share it with the forum since it is simple and clear for understanding? I would imagine many would be interested in studying it. ZZZulu we have not heard from you for awhile. Is all well with you? I feel like a Mom checking in on all children to be sure everyone is accounted for. Shelly, keeps touching in and sharing her 'love of life' and 'challenges' freely. Peace on the Planet! I started to say 'in 2007' but "NOW" is even better. Judamom
Top of the page Bottom of the page
bstqltmkr
Posted 2006-12-27 8:11 AM (#72295 - in reply to #72290)
Subject: RE: New Title for New Thread...

Hi Juda, I think you just named it "New Title for New Thread...". At least for now, since that's the title that will reappear when I answer you. Sorry, but I'm feeling a little sassy this morning. First, I'm incredibly happy that my inbox at yahoo has a letter from Ystan. I'm a little frustrated that my mail over there is freaking out, and I can't access it, but like I said I'm incredibly happy so it barely matters. The good news is there, and I know. Also, I'm seeing Tssundaram logged in, that's more good news. Thanks for the mail on Chakras yesterday. I'm still appreciating the beauty involved in the chart, then comes absorbing all the information.

Yesterday was relax day, today I have to rev up my engine and get back out there. I was not to be trusted to pick out my daughter's clothes for Christmas, and today they are going to pick their own. For some reason they don't want me to pick for them, but they also don't want to go out there and pick their own without me! So today is going to be a road trip, and shopping in the Junior department. It's a whole different world in there, it's fun but I'm glad to just be visiting. I love where I am in life. I'm off to enjoy the new day, Peace and Love, Shelly

Edited by bstqltmkr 2006-12-27 8:14 AM
tourist
Posted 2006-12-27 11:19 AM (#72302 - in reply to #72295)

Expert Yogi

Shelly - not to worry. I can change the title
bstqltmkr
Posted 2006-12-28 11:31 AM (#72364 - in reply to #72290)

Hi Tourist, the power of the moderators never ceases to amaze me!

Good day to everyone, I have to say the shopping trip was a success, only minor drama errupted, and it blew over without incident. That just shows how much I've matured, haha, because before I would have taken the bait, and the minor drama would have blown into an openning night worthy extravaganza of drama rarely seen anymore! I have to say, I definately prefer less drama.

This morning I had some company drop in nice and early, the good news there is that my hair didn't scare anyone away. It seems the better my sleep is at night, the crazier my hair is in the morning. Small price to pay for a good night sleep. Now the house is quiet again, I must go tend to my mop before any more surprises. Then I will tend to my chores for the day, and see which direction my productivity will take, and of course I won't forget to enjoy. Also, I forgot to say "The friendship continues" sounds like a lovely title, I second Judamom's motion. It will be nice when everyone gets to posting again, but for now I'm thankful that we recieved some good news from Ystan, and also Tssundaram, seeing him logged in is the good news in itself. Zzzulu we know will drop in when she gets time, looking forward to that. So now I really am off to see the beauty that surrounds me, Shelly
bstqltmkr
Posted 2006-12-30 8:25 AM (#72470 - in reply to #72290)

Hello everyone, today is starting out beautifully, with a soft gentle snow falling now. It's quiet, the teenagers certainly won't be up this early, and so the morning is relaxed and lovely. Later on they'll be off for a sleepover at my Mom's house, along with their younger cousins. It was such a good idea of mine that she should host a slumber party during this vacation!

Lately, everything relates to yoga. I was cooking soup for lunch yesterday, and had to stop and sharpen my knife. After the second half of the onion diced up so nicely, I was thinking on how spending a couple of minutes to keep my knife in good condition was like practicing postures to get the most out of my own personal instrument, my body. Just as a sharp knife is preferable, so is my my life with yoga. Namaste. Shelly
judamom
Posted 2006-12-30 9:12 AM (#72472 - in reply to #72470)

I want some soup with nicely diced onion in it. I go through the same thing with my knifes, it doesn't take long to keep them sharp but I use them till they are very dull. I wonder if I do not abuse my body just the same. The Holidays are hard on my body........I just eat things that I would pass on at any other time and I can feel the difference in my energy and attitude. I am VERY busy painting right now. I am working Sat. (today) Sun. and New Years Day to be on schedule and then I will take some time off and walk the beach for a day. I went from painting shades of green to painting yellow and white. It is all good!! Weather here is beautiful---70's and low 80's. Must run but didn't want to leave you all alone on the forum Shelly. You sound as though you are at a great state of mind. Wonderful idea, suggesting a sleep over at your Mom's. You going to do anything special. Wondering about TS, ZZZulu and Ystan. Maybe we can get back to normal interaction in the New Year..........I always remind myself to treasure the moment because the moment changes constantly and what is may not be always. Namaste Judamom
bstqltmkr
Posted 2006-12-31 8:52 AM (#72526 - in reply to #72290)
Subject: RE: The Friendship Continues

Hi Juda, last night was so quiet and peaceful, I fell asleep on the floor in my living room! My husband had to wake me up to send me to bed, haha. Then this morning I found I was logged in here all night again. Oh well. I woke up in time to see the sun rise, which was amazing, and now the sky is beautiful.

Today is the last day of a very good year, and so I shall send it off properly, and enjoy this day. Tomorrow is important also as the start of a New Year, and so it also will be celebrated. One proper ending, and one fresh start. Hoping the best for all in the coming year, and as the friendship continues, all the wonderful influence your friendships bring me so that I continue to grow and improve. As wisdom and intelligence expand, so does the peace and love inside of me, as a result I'm more hopeful. Anything is possible, Shelly
ystan
Posted 2006-12-31 11:18 AM (#72538 - in reply to #72290)

Dear friends, I am much honored and happy to be part of this “friendship clan”. I looked forward to the New Year, with hope we will reconnect old and make new friends. I had caused much anxiety lately; please accept my sincere apology. I want you to know there are angels at and around of us, they are doing a fabulous job supporting and guiding other beings in need. While I may not escape the ups and downs of life cycle, I do have the capacity to meet, experience and make a wonderful journey. Best wishes to you and family; and may there be more peace, harmony, happiness for all to share and enjoy! Namaste
judamom
Posted 2006-12-31 5:47 PM (#72556 - in reply to #72538)

Ystan, So good to have you joining in again. This will be a great Year!! I think I always have said that.......and you know what........they all have been. As you said, there are always the ups and downs but we have assistance when we need.......either in angels or friends.........maybe they are one and the same!! Thank-you for setting us up under our new title Tourist. Please, anyone join in and the friendship continues and grows in number also. Happy New Year All!!! judamom
tssundaram_80
Posted 2007-01-01 2:32 AM (#72566 - in reply to #72290)

Judamom:- I tried to bring the Chakras Simplified to the forum for the benefit of all. But the diagrams do not appear in the forum except the explanatory notes. In fact I feel forum is the right place for it to appear.Can somebody try for it? Wish you all a Very Happy New Year once again. I saw ystan's message in the Forum. Glad. Sundaram
judamom
Posted 2007-01-01 7:48 AM (#72571 - in reply to #72290)

TSSundaram--it is good to see you here again also! Could you give us a report on the eye surgery? Are you seeing better immediately or does it take time to confirm results? Now, I wish all good health in the New Year. Tourist may be the one to question on posting the Chakra piece. Tourist, TS has a beautifully illistrated article on Chakra's simplified that is the best I have ever seen in 30 years of interest. Can you possibly give us guidance in how to post it or is that even possible? Well wishes to all on this first day of a wonderful New Year! Juda
tssundaram_80
Posted 2007-01-01 8:17 AM (#72572 - in reply to #72290)

Judamom:- Thank you for your prompt mail on Chakra simplified. I myself do not know the technicalities of sending the same to our latest forum. I did try, but only the written part is appearing in the forum and not the pictures which is important.
When I sent the Chakras to you, I simulteneously sent the same to zzzulu, ystan and bstqltmkr also by e-mail. If one of them can help us well and good.
Regarding my eyes,the surgery is not over. It is fixed for Friday the 5th of January 2007. That is why you see me once a way in this forum. Another three days more for the surgery. These days it is only a twenty minutes job with the advancement of medical science. I hope i can have the benefit of your special light and rays. Best regards. Sundaram.
bstqltmkr
Posted 2007-01-01 9:00 AM (#72574 - in reply to #72290)

Happy New Year! I love it when I come here and there are many posts to read.

Ystan, I've been looking forward to your post, I knew it would be wonderful and it is. Please don't apologize for the situation you just went through, any anxiety produced as a result of concern for you is the blameless type, and so there should be no apology attached. We just had to wait for your return, and now you're back, and we're all happy about it.

Tssundaram, I love the Chakra chart you sent me, but I lack in computer skills. I'm so bad, I can't think how to post it here. I had my daughter print it out for me, and I know she was getting frustrated, and had to reformat a few times. I was confused, but her fingers fly so fast, which only adds to my confusion.

Judamom, working hard on New Year's Day, I think that means you'll be working all year. Haha, how do you feel about that? Of course I'm no fortune teller, so if you want to relax all year feel free. My kitchen is yellow and white, when I picked the yellow, I put my favorite cornmeal in a baggie, and took it to the paint store and matched it. At first I thought oh no, Big Bird, but once I finished, I had a bright, cheery kitchen that I'm happy to work in, and no, it's not Big Bird at all.

So now I'm off into the first day of the New Year, with a good attitude and an open heart, Namaste, Shelly
zzzuluwarrior
Posted 2007-01-01 11:49 PM (#72620 - in reply to #72574)

Happy 2007 to all my wonderful friends

Started 1/1/07 with a 3 hour practice/class. One of my new year resolution is to do more home practice. anyone care to share their new year (yoga or otherwise) resolutions?

Wishing all of you a great start to 2007.

namaste

zzzulu
judamom
Posted 2007-01-02 8:12 AM (#72633 - in reply to #72620)

I made a resolution to send Birthday acknowledgements to family and friends. I had a friend with a birthday 1/1 so I had to call instead of a card. I want to check out cards and attempt to find each person a card that is connected with them or our friendship etc. so it will be fun and I haven't done it for some years so it does not feel like an obligation (which takes the fun out of it for me.......I prefer choice and desire over obligation). I also had to give some thought to the resolution to "smile more". I love people who smile (genuinely).........but then I remembered that some years back I had made a resolution to "laugh more". Why have I gone from laughing to smiling in some years time? Maybe some years away I will "snicker more".....who knows. Sending Smiles. Judamom
bstqltmkr
Posted 2007-01-02 9:59 AM (#72636 - in reply to #72290)

Hi everyone, sometimes life is a little nutty, yesterday I had more proof of that. While cleaning my room I found the missing box of Christmas ornaments I was looking for! Well it was a bit strange, but at least all the decorations will be together next year. So yes, more organization is my main resolution. The reason I was in there cleaning is that I decided to put myself first once in a while this year. Usually if I were housecleaning, I would do all the family parts first, and probably not get to my room, so yesterday, I was first. Also, I'm realizing that if I stored all my fabric somewhere else, I would have room for yoga in there. That means if the house is chaotic, I could be holed up in my room in relative serenity. So really organization would make a big impact in my life. I won't be easy, but it will be worth it.

Here's another thought I had on how yoga and life relate. I was sewing on a project a couple days ago, and I needed a row of buttonholes. On a nice garment I would probably do them by hand, my machine makes them backwards and it always confuses me. On this project though, the buttonholes won't show, and so I decided to practice and I did them on the machine. The first few went as always, with a struggle. I knew I wasn't improving as I hoped to, so I resolved to pay even better attention to the motions. I found that simply lifting the presser foot at a certain stage of the buttonhole released pressure that was causing the machine to not sew straight. Instead of forcing it to go where I wanted it to, I released some pressure, and the machine did the work as it was supposed to. My buttonholes aren't perfect, but they've improved and are much easier to make. Life is good, Shelly
ystan
Posted 2007-01-02 10:09 AM (#72637 - in reply to #72633)

Dear friends, years back I was a “happy” and “positive” person, I had a ready smile that “radiated from my heart”. I questioned why some people have sad and sulky face, as if their lives were full of miseries. In my mind I am the heroine who maintain a great smile under any circumstances. But then, my “positive trait” took an about-turn when my husband departed, for about a year my smile evaporated. Now I am more compassionate towards others who do not carry a smile; I accept and readily witness life with both positives and negatives; this is real and not a life that is made believed. So my new-year resolution is to be more humane, compassionate, welcome and enjoy all feelings, understand sometimes a good cry is as good as a hearty laugh. Wishing TSSundaram a safe eye-operation and speedy recovery! Namaste.
tssundaram_80
Posted 2007-01-02 11:57 AM (#72645 - in reply to #72290)

Ystan:-
My operation is only on next Friday the 5th of January . Though I am writing this against your wishes, it is a small one. I am deeply touched by your message 72637. A different Ystan has written that. The tone and tenor of the message are different again. Don't do that . To us, you are as you were before. You continue to be Great in our mind. The self confidence in you has not gone anywhere. Only think of the present and future .You are still a Happy and Postitive person. Please don't do such writings. You are always in us.
Thank you for your goodwishes. Sundaram.
ystan
Posted 2007-01-02 3:38 PM (#72661 - in reply to #72645)

Dear TSSundaram, I may not have been clear in my message, I am more positive as I grew to embrace all emotions; while previously I created a world excludes negatives. Books propagating positive attitudes, which made me felt guilty whenever I was in negative territory, had influenced me. This attitude created unnecessary stress as I need to exclude negatives in all situations, e.g. grief is negative thus should be excluded. Now I am more at ease with all emotions, and I learn to welcome and observe these emotions with less attachments and more equanimity. I wanted to share this important lesson I learn, and hope I explained. On another note, I admired you when you said on your eye-operation, that you just relax, let go and trust the eye-doctor do the job, and this is indeed good attitude! Namaste

judamom
Posted 2007-01-02 5:04 PM (#72666 - in reply to #72661)

Ystan, I knew what you were explaining as I have gone through the same type of thing........I used to scold myself if I weren't always happy but then I realized, as you, that unhappy is as real as happy and teaches also. I love it when I am positive and happy with no effort but I observe and attempt to learn also from the not happy and positive moods. TSSundaram wants us all to be happy, I can tell. I think he thought that is how you have been feeling after your surgery and he was encouraging you to be as you had been. Bless you both!! You are communicating feelings and not just 'things' and there is a difference. Anyone can discuss 'things' but it takes friends to discuss feelings........if not friends then at least two people who are willing to be vulnerable to one another by sharing on a soul level. I still have difficulty with that sometimes if I feel misunderstood. Life is good and we must 'keep talking' if we wish for mutual understanding, huh? Namaste Judamom Shelly, I will keep working and you keep organizing and we will make it fine. ZZZulu I am trying for more yoga time at home also.
ystan
Posted 2007-01-03 5:08 AM (#72695 - in reply to #72666)

Judamom, thank you for acceptance, support and encouragement! Since discharge from hospital, I have made good progress. My life is 80% back to normal, except to get rid of bad cough resulted from phlegm, the by-product of antibiotics for my lung infection. With TCM supplement I am now breathing smoothly and energies returning. Friends visited me yesterday commented I looked well and that is assuring. I look forward to returning to Yoga therapy classes next week, after 2 weeks rest as instructed by doctor.  I will be extremely careful and make sure I don’t over exert. I have full faith Yoga will help me to recover well, as I continue my journey with friends and family support right beside me. Talking about organizing our home, I have my brother and sister-in-law visited me over the year-end, I was totally pampered as he prepares daily meals and tonic for me, and in addition, he cleared half the out-of-date stuffs from my kitchen, which is now well organized, how wonderful, I will do well with more visits from him! Namaste everybody!
bstqltmkr
Posted 2007-01-03 9:20 AM (#72703 - in reply to #72290)

Hi everyone, Ystan, I'm relieved to hear how well your living situation is going right now, and I have full confidence that you making all the right decisions for a smooth recovery. It must be nice to have your kitchen all organized. Oh no, I'm suffering from organization envy. I'll transform my envy into motivation to tackle some area in my house today , yay, inspiration! Today's a beauty, I've got to go enjoy it now, Shelly
judamom
Posted 2007-01-03 4:51 PM (#72741 - in reply to #72703)

Hey, it appears we have worn out our welcome here. Any suggestions where we can go to discuss our lives built around Yoga........other than Yoga.com? Namaste Judamom
sirensong2
Posted 2007-01-03 5:57 PM (#72746 - in reply to #72741)

no worries, everyone is welcome. your group is kind and supportive of one another..isn't that "yogic"? don't let someone elses less than supportive vibe ruin yours. stay!

Cyndi
Posted 2007-01-03 6:44 PM (#72749 - in reply to #72741)

Expert Yogi

I don't mind this at all. This forum has never been that busy at all. I enjoy reading the threads and have popped in from time to time. Please don't leave, but if you do, why not venture over to myspace. I'll join if you tell me where and when. Take care,

Cyndi
tourist
Posted 2007-01-03 7:23 PM (#72754 - in reply to #72749)

Expert Yogi

judamom - you are more than welcome here. Pay no attention to the pirate hiding behind the Ganesh statue
Bay Guy
Posted 2007-01-03 9:54 PM (#72761 - in reply to #72754)

Expert Yogi

"Sixteen men on a deadman's chest, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!"

... rls

ystan
Posted 2007-01-04 1:09 AM (#72784 - in reply to #72703)

Dear friends, during my last hospital stay, the doctor had found the oxygen concentration in my blood was low (90%) and I was given oxygen via soft tubes through nose, and it improved to about 95%, an acceptable range. In one of the day which I was feeling better, I joked with a caring nurse that I can do a Yogic Bellows breath, and I would like to know its effect on oxygen concentration. So I removed the tubes and started a 2 cycles / second breath for about 1 minute, and guess what? The oxygen reading hit the limit to 100%! I remembered the nurse looked at me as if I was an alien! I was very happy knowing I do have the ability to feed my body with more oxygen, so friends, remember to add a few minutes of pranayama in your daily Yoga routine! Namaste

Posted 2007-01-04 2:36 AM (#72790 - in reply to #72784)

you're not an alien?
yogis can be tricky like that, what with the breathing and such...there is a cool clip on youtube of Mr. Iyengar demonstrating inhalation and exhalation.
whats not cool is me slacking on pranayama...

today my kitchen sink clogged while i was preparing lunch.
my first instinct was to panic and/or curse a blue streak.
i calmly ate lunch, and went off in search of a plunger.
about an hour later i returned, plunger in hand, and meted out swift justcie to a slimy clog.
i felt so victorious!

i'm sure this has been covered before, but how do you all know each other, and where are you from?
fill me in on the vital details...
tssundaram_80
Posted 2007-01-04 2:49 AM (#72791 - in reply to #72290)

ystan :- Even while you were staying in the hospital, you have practically demonstrated the effect of yoga and breathing on the body. Very thrilling to read the same. Our best wishes to you. Certainly, we shall take your advice and include pranayama as a "must" for our daily routine, benifit of which you have practically shown to us.. Sundaram
tssundaram_80
Posted 2007-01-04 3:10 AM (#72792 - in reply to #72290)

Dhanurasana:- Sorry to butt in. Your short narrative of sink clogging reminds me of the importance of keeping one's wind pipe clean through various types of breathing. pranayama included..
judamom
Posted 2007-01-04 5:43 AM (#72796 - in reply to #72790)

dhanurasana--thank-you for asking how we all know each other-- I would be honored to tell the story. I was checking out Yahoo discussion groups and saw that Rodney Yee sponsered a group. He would give some teaching or lesson he had learned etc. and then their would be response for a few weeks, then he would change it. It seemed that the 5 of us just connected. I found I looked forward to the time of day I could read and sometimes respond to these special people. Just as the friendship was in the beginning stages Rodney announced that he was discontinuing the group----I would imagine he is a very busy man since he has made a significant name for himself in the Yogic field teaching. ZZZuluwarrior discovered Yoga.com and we all decided to meet here. Immediately, Tourist jumped in to welcome us and we all became a very supportive friendship. Sharing our daily lives with one another. Yoga on various levels is important to us all as our main common ground. I am so amazed that I was given these friends from all over the world by sitting at my computer. We all found that we "truly cared" about one another and we are all of diverse cultures and locations--it makes no difference. I remember saying I was participating in a Yoga forum for learning of the sutras etc. and I did not want/need chit chat but I discovered that "chit chat is life!" It is where we relax from the disciplines and seriousness that can overcome a Yogi from time to time. We titled TSSundaram "Honorable" and that caused he and his wife 'her majesty' to laugh. He is 82 and studied under Ivengar in his youth. He remains healthy and indepent and gentle and knowledgable and truly caring. We adore who this man is although gender is of small importance. I thought zzzulu was male until Ystan and she met in person and Ystan said "She" is sooooo cool. ZZZulu is very busy but she pops in when she has time and we all are excited to hear from her when she does. Shelly is a busy homemaker and uses Yoga to keep her as centered as a busy Mom can be. Ystan is getting over the loss of a 'husband and best friend' within a year or so and just under went heart surgery and as you can see she is teaching her nurses about getting more nourishment to her blood system through breathing technique. We share the BEST of chit chat. We are not into debating issues so much as looking at ourselves and laughing. We all exchanged personal emails and addresses in case we want to be private but mostly we want to share all together on line. If we were not here we would find another space-----we are Yoga People and this feels like a home away from home. Thank-you very much for asking. We have room for more friends! Namaste Judamom
judamom
Posted 2007-01-04 5:47 AM (#72797 - in reply to #72290)

Honorable TSSundaram-----we tried to shorten it to TS---but Ystan did not like short cuts to names---------"Since when do you consider yourself as "butting in". We so honor your input here special man!!!!" We are sending love and healing to your eyes now. Judamom
tssundaram_80
Posted 2007-01-04 8:19 AM (#72808 - in reply to #72290)

judamon:- Since I was addressing to Dhanurasana for the first time, I used the word butt in and was a bit apologetic out of respect to Dhanurasana. That is all. Never meant anything wrong.
Dhurasana is a very good name. the Asana also. We all wecome you Dhanurasana..

This posture gets its name from the bending of the body like a bow. This asana, a classic in asanas, is a combination of both cobra pose(Bhujangasana) and the Locust ( Shalabhasa) pose.
The spinal colunn, muscles, the endocrine glands, Alimentary canal and Accessory glands, Kidney etc are benefitted from this asana.
Judamom, I am getting admitted for the eye surgery tomorrow the 5th Jan. I shall visit all of you after a week. Thank you again judamom for your reference about me to Dhanurasana. Sundaram.
bstqltmkr
Posted 2007-01-04 8:56 AM (#72816 - in reply to #72290)

Dear Tssundaram, I will be thinking of you, and sending the best my mind and heart have to offer. When you come back you can tell us how sharp your vision is. I'll never forget when my daughter was fitted with her first pair of eyeglasses at age 4, and seeing her look around in wonder at everything she could see.

Yesterday I had my first practice in the space I made for myself in my bedroom. It went so perfectly, I was thinking how I should have done it long ago. I took Dhanurasana's advise in the other thread and did an hour of standing poses, followed by plow, shoulderstand, and fish. Ah, then savasana was wonderful. Now though, today is waiting for me, love to all, Shelly
tssundaram_80
Posted 2007-01-04 10:13 AM (#72832 - in reply to #72290)

Bstqltmkr. I am deeply moved by your words of encouragement to me on the eve of the eye surgery due on 5th Jan. Ystan has specially asked me to give rest to my eyes, and to use the pc sparingly. She has given me a piece of advice and must be watching me from a distance what I am doing now with the pc. So before I cut this message short and act like a good boy , I send you my warm regards and shall get in touch as soon as the Doctor gives me the green signal. Sundaram.
judamom
Posted 2007-01-04 10:29 AM (#72842 - in reply to #72832)

TSSundaram---I hope you peek in here one more time when Ystan isn't looking because I must tell you of a lesson I learned from you just now, and a very important one to me. I so desire to be resectful that I 'assume' the other knows that that is where I am coming from. You are so respectful and you 'do not assume' the other knows that, so you carefully display that in your actions and words. I so admire that trait in you that I would like to adopt it in my thinking and behavior. Thank-you for being the great teacher you are.......usually unbeknowns to yourself! Now rest, Much love and caring coming to you from "the clan of friends" Judamom
tssundaram_80
Posted 2007-01-04 11:43 AM (#72856 - in reply to #72290)

judamom;- I really enjoy reading all your mails in the forum including the latest one # 72842, though I myself do not know as to what extent I deserve praise coming as they do from a well experienced allrounder like you, Sundaram.
ystan
Posted 2007-01-05 6:46 AM (#72939 - in reply to #72790)

Dhanurasana, thanks for showing interest in the history of our tiny friendship clan. Judamom, thanks for filling in, I could not have done a better job! I would like to take this opportunity to thank Rodney Yee for 12 months of guidance via the Yahoo Blog. His guidance not so much centered on Yoga asanas, but had carefully plan and covered various aspects of Yoga; though he did not participate in readers comments, he smartly included his reply in later topics. Rodney provided great insights and wisdom, and he is great motivator, under his leadership, there were easily 100 regular participants, the exchanges were great, and no risk of running out of topics and discussions. We were at a lost when the Blog ends; fortunately we found this site, which provided some space to carry on. On another note, please allow me to have a little fun, why not "pranayama your lung" till strong and powerful, you might not need a plunger, one strong exhalation may do the job! JNamaste

bstqltmkr
Posted 2007-01-05 11:34 AM (#72957 - in reply to #72290)

Today Tssundaram is occupying my thoughts. I had no internet connection this morning, so I lived my life, but in between I would think on Tssundaram's big day, and how thankful I am for his example and influence in my life. Afterward, I was able to come here and read his lovely message, his presence is a beautiful gift in my life. Thank you to all my friends here for your inspiration to be a better person, and your example to lead the way. Namaste, Shelly
bstqltmkr
Posted 2007-01-06 9:16 AM (#73004 - in reply to #72290)

Hi Friends, today the words aren't coming to me very easily. I'll be honest, I'm not feeling positive, I'm feeling really bummed. This weather is getting to me. I can't get over the high temperature for the time of year, and I'm feeling doom and gloom. So I guess that's todays practice, feel this way, and let it go. I'm sure when I come back I'll be feeling better. On the plus side, I can feel, and I have love in my heart, I'm thankful for that, Namaste, Shelly
bstqltmkr
Posted 2007-01-06 1:40 PM (#73040 - in reply to #72290)

Sorry if I'm getting annoying, but I had to come back and say that I'm feeling better. I wasn't feeling inspired, but I got out my mat. I ended up having an excellent practice, putting my body into the form of a warrior helped me to deal with the fear behind my earlier bad attitude. Once my energy was flowing things were greatly improved. Later in Savasana my feet felt so good it was almost like a massage. Thank you for being patient with me, Shelly
judamom
Posted 2007-01-06 5:09 PM (#73066 - in reply to #73040)

It appears you are learning to be patient with yourself and just acknowledge that some days IT is there and some days AINT!! The AINT days need to be experienced also.......maybe just to make us appreciate the great days.....gotta go. Judamom
ystan
Posted 2007-01-07 5:50 AM (#73127 - in reply to #72746)

Sirensong(#72746), Cindi (#72749) and Tourist (#72754), thank you for support and encourage us to “continue our journey”; On the road, we may lack considerations, we keep occupying the fast lane, and invited angry drivers trailing closely behind. But while we are on this wonderful journey, kindly join in from time to time, and be our divine guide. Thank you again, Namaste
bstqltmkr
Posted 2007-01-07 8:24 AM (#73139 - in reply to #72290)

Hi Judamom, I'm so thankful that those rough days don't shut me down like they used to. I can deal with it better than I realize. Thanks for being there.

Hi Ystan, thank you for your last post, I'm not the most sociable person, and sometimes lack the proper manners that make the world a better place. I'm so glad you thought to thank our friends who spoke up for us.

There's the sun again, calling me to enjoy the day. I hope he doesn't get too warm, I'm still trying to pretend I'm experiencing winter! Shelly
judamom
Posted 2007-01-07 8:28 AM (#73140 - in reply to #73127)

I really do consider we should find another location to share our friendships. It is not nearly as much fun feeling resented as we post. I see that zzzuluwarrior and friends had more views than any other thread under Iyengar and Bay Guy is possibly a little jealous that he does not drawn such interest. No matter let us check around for another location so we can continue to share our lives based around Yoga rather than debate with the Yogins as to classification, and proper place in organization and all the "stuff" that makes some feel important. How can our spirits freely share with scowling around observing to be sure we talk about appropriate topics under the appropriate classification. I avoid those type of people because they distract from the beauty of being myself. Of course I consider the fact that they are just being themself also. In the mean time I will simply email each individually where such observances and proper correction does not fit in. Namast Judamom
bstqltmkr
Posted 2007-01-07 8:53 AM (#73141 - in reply to #72290)

Hi Juda, I'm sorry you feel that way only because there's an energy and liveliness present in the forum that makes it a good place to meet with friends. I love your messages in the mail though, and here or there makes no difference to me. I love to hear from you, and I love you.
ystan
Posted 2007-01-07 10:09 PM (#73223 - in reply to #72754)

Hi Tourist, my reply to your PM sit in my outbox, and there is no option to push it to the sendbox, did you receive my reply? Thanks 
tourist
Posted 2007-01-08 10:06 AM (#73246 - in reply to #73223)

Expert Yogi

You should have my reply now
bstqltmkr
Posted 2007-01-09 8:19 AM (#73365 - in reply to #72290)
Subject: RE:One last time

I'll come here and post one last time, unless of course Tssundaram comes back and decides that this is his home and he wants to stay. He's easygoing though, and I'm sure he's not going to want to fight to stay here when everyone knows the options for us are endless. I can't agree that we were so terribly off topic, but that doesn't matter either. Zzzulu in her infinate wisdom suggested we start out here, and she was right that it was the place for me at the time. She pointed me in the right direction, and I learned I have it in myself to deal with everything that comes along. My practice grew strong here, my body awareness multiplied. This stretch of time that we had here was one of the best things in my life. I grew and learned plenty, I'm thankful to everyone who helped me along my journey. For anyone concerned, the word on Tssundaram is that he's recovering from his surgery as expected, he had his granddaughter send us an email, he's so thoughtful and she sounded wonderful, I'm happy for them. For now I suppose it's time to practice non-attachment.

The disruption in our thread is coming at a hard time for me. Sixty degree weather in January isn't normal for my area, I can't lie and say it's not affecting me. In my gut I feel dread that the natural cycle of the seasons has been disrupted. My only relief has been in meditation. Like Judamom, I feel that right now for me I have to spend more time there. Of course that means less time here. I'll be back, because I've made friends here, I appreciate everyone, and enjoy the company. I finished my quilt top yesterday, and must now do the quiet work of quilting. When I finish I"ll come back and post it, in the OT of course. Then you can all see if I deserve my self proclaimed title of best. In the end I can only do my best.

Anyone who reads here knows I share my lessons I've learned along the way here. I'll share this one more life lesson, it's not mine but I've been witnessing, so I'll describe it. My younger daughter plays volleyball. Last year she wanted to work on getting more power in her serve. She did visualization, which I think she might have gotten carried away with. She started to visualize that her serve was so powerful that it was crashing through the gym floor. Now she has a very powerful serve. At one of her last practices, she served the ball so hard it flew across the court, hit the back wall, came flying back, and then hit the net. Yes, she has her powerful serve. Unfortunatly she has no control or aim. All that power is doing her no good. The good news is that she knows what's wrong. Has she worked on it? No, right now she said she's just really enjoying hammering the hell out of the ball. So for now, with no aim or control all that power is useless to herself and her team, but she knows what she has to do, and will work on it. In the end, we are all powerful people, but are we aiming our power in the right direction? Just a thought, See you around, Namaste, Shelly

Edited by bstqltmkr 2007-01-09 8:20 AM
judamom
Posted 2007-01-09 11:08 AM (#73385 - in reply to #73365)
Subject: the friendship continues.....

Not to distract from your message Shelly. I read it carefully and enjoy your sharing so much. I tried to get onto Yahoo all morning and could not but I could come here so the Universe says Here It Is! I received your pictures yesterday!! I love them......have them posted right next to the computer. The surroundings are exactly as I had pictured them in my mind from your descriptions, wooded area with lots of trees. As you said the picture of your daughters reflect not only their personalities but their love for/of one anothers......sisters are a neat friendship sometimes. The picture of you sitting on the floor with beautiful quilt projects all around on your wonderful hardwood floors and colorful walls is great! I can easily picture you in your yoga postures. You look very healthy and almost shining. Thank-you so much. Your hand made stationary is also beautiful and it must have taken much time.....I see a meditation in the entire work! Lots of thoughts went through your mind as you created it. Thank-You again!! Ystan, I cannot seem to communicate with you via email but am very interested in some of the learnings of your recent hospital stay. Please share what you will, I love to learn from others, especially such intense lessons......how is it connected with your healing of your beloved's death. Zzzulu, off in Canada! Yow, a world traveler who touches in with us when she can........ TSSundaram, with his granddaughter Sheha as his secretary passing on to us that he is resting and has one more examination for follow up. It will be so good to have him relate in person his well being. Must run, have a book going on in my head that I must get an outline for. Reincarnational information that I received on friends....be it fact or be it mind game entertainment it seems like a fun project while it is cold outside. Shelly, sorry your environment is acting out of normal this year. Planet Earth could be trying to tell us something or simply carrying on as she has for millions of years. It does appear to be somewhat adjustable with major consideration from Humans. It certainly would not hurt to respect Mother Earth more than we do in our craziness to evolve quickly. As with World Peace it certainly starts with each individual. The book awaits. Namaste Judamom
ystan
Posted 2007-01-09 11:44 AM (#73392 - in reply to #73385)
Subject: RE: the friendship continues.....

Dear Judamom, thank you for acceding to my unreasonable request, and return to the forum, I’m indebted. Let’s wait for Zzzulu’s return, and TSSundaram’s recovery, when he regains his sights, he can provide good directions. Sure I’m keen to share my learning experience, but perhaps at a later time? Thank you! Namaste
tourist
Posted 2007-01-10 10:40 AM (#73562 - in reply to #73392)
Subject: RE: the friendship continues.....

Expert Yogi

Shelly - that is a wonderful story and has great lessons to teach all of us. I understand your feelings about the weather. BC was battered with storms again and our incredible parks are suffering. And unlike you, we are used to warm waether in the winter and yet here I sit with snow on the deck once again Please start a new thread in OT (Everything Else) so we can hear more
ellen
Posted 2007-01-10 3:04 PM (#73605 - in reply to #73562)
Subject: RE: the friendship continues..

Hello everyone! I have peekd in here three times or so, it seemed so nice... I don't get what's happening with the, uh, being told you shouldn't have your thread in this spot? Maybe that communication to your group is not in the thread? If it isn't in the thread, maybe someone would explain it to me. If it is in the thread, just let me know and I will read closer. This is important to me because I want the forum, as much as I am able to effect it, to be a welcoming place for gentlenss, and if your posts are anything in this thread, they are gentle!

Really, don't go away if you don't have to. If the gentle go away, there is no place to rest.

xoxellen
ystan
Posted 2007-01-10 4:13 PM (#73614 - in reply to #73605)

Hi Ellen, thanks for interest and support. Here is some pointers on our postings. We started in Ivengar Yoga Forum,

"Hi" thread on 2006/06/12 #55544, 286 postings

"Zzzuluwarrior & Friends" on 2006/08/26 #62876, 337 postings

"Continue the Journey" on 2006/11/08 #68990, 165 postings

"Friendship Continues.." on 2006/12/27 #72290, 50+ postings 

We posted >800 gentle(as you referred us) messages in the 6 months in Yoga.com

Kindly refer to thread "Re: Ivengar Forum Needed?" on 2007/01/02 #72682 to locate the differences in opinion, on whether we are in the wrong/right spot.

Namaste 

tourist
Posted 2007-01-10 7:05 PM (#73625 - in reply to #73614)

Expert Yogi

Folks - if you do decide to pack your bags and leave, I just thought of an idea one of my kids uses. They get a free email account (hotmail, yahoo etc.) and give everyone in their group the password. That way everyone can go on the email account and see what others have sent in. Just a thought for you - hoping you will stay
Jambo
Posted 2007-01-10 8:40 PM (#73632 - in reply to #72290)

I hope you guys stay around. Dispite Gay Guy's issues, I have been enjoying your conversations which is so refreshing after some many posts by the regulars around here.

ellen
Posted 2007-01-10 8:53 PM (#73634 - in reply to #73614)

Dear ystan,

Thank you for giving me such good directions to the debate. I want you to know that since I first stumbled into yoga.com, I have always found a little rest in your thread, and been grateful for it. My only idea is that you could just ignore the other thread, it will for sure die out (especially if I can keep my mouth closed and not post in it ).

Those guys love to debate. I love to debate sometimes too, but not always over everything! I know you are feeling a little wounded (at least picked on!) and it has kind of taken the fun out of it, but the fun will come back quickly if you just don't pay attention... other than that, I think tourist has a good idea with the yahoo group. the only downfall is your group doesn't have an easy method to replenish itself, and the little grassy spot I sometimes sat on won't be here anymore.

I'm going to keep checking the on and off the mat thread, and I hope to see you all either here or there.

Warmly,
Ellen
ystan
Posted 2007-01-11 1:43 AM (#73645 - in reply to #73634)

Sometimes you just need to watch the deer in the meadow. If you make noise, they will scatter, and the beautiful moment is broken. #73633 "Re:Ivengar Forum needed?"

Dear Ellen,

You beautifully summarized the situation, thank you for your compliment that we provided a resting place for some, while we help one another to grow in our pursuit of Yoga. Hence it hurts deep when we were implied to be "Other stuff / Yoga Massage", or our existence in Ivengar Forum is "wearing dirty work boots to Yoga mats", or out rightly told, "Get out for you don't belong here". We may have rested our argument but we have not resolve our difference of opinion, the unease wipe out the peace and harmony, so some members felt it is no longer the conducive spot for Yoga practice. Of course if we are enlightened beings, we would be able to practice in any environment, but we are not. Hope this explains the situation. Do note what I said do not represent the group, it is just my observations.

Namaste

ellen
Posted 2007-01-11 3:10 AM (#73648 - in reply to #72290)

so far, my experience in OT has been very sweet. I think you could be respected there. So far, as long as I've been here, we've respected each other. When I first came to this board, I didn't evn find OT for a few days (too far down the page for me to reach), so no one could make the same arguement they're making now. And the name doesn't diminish us at all, I promise : ) ellen : )
bstqltmkr
Posted 2007-01-11 11:31 AM (#73706 - in reply to #72290)

All I can say is this thread is a Phynix, it keeps returning to life. I can't argue with that, all I can say is that until Tssundaram returns my conscience doesn't allow me to dessert it. When the thread police return I'll plead to their tolerant side, or if that fails I'll direct them to Bikram where Cyndi is waiting. I just hope Tssundaram isn't dismayed by all the drama. Now its time to practice. Namaste, Shelly
ystan
Posted 2007-01-12 1:33 AM (#73790 - in reply to #73632)

Dear Jambo, thank you for enjoying our conversations; I hope you can feel the positive energies created by few friends genuinely care and encouraging each another. An example, TSSundaram, at his ripe age of 81, has a discipline of practicing Yoga for 2 hours a day! This must be due to good training and great influence of B.K.S. Ivengar, his teacher. (You can read about his daily life, his inspiring story on how/why he was one of Ivengar’s favorite student in our thread). TSSundaram has graciously but persistently encouraged us on pursue of Yoga, not just in asanas but the other aspects of Yoga as well. We have benefited a great deal from him, and we adore him. In my mind, he practices Yoga to it’s core. Again, thank you for appreciating us!

Dear Ellen, we need to figure out where/how we can best contribute, or should we adopt the suggestion of some, take our conversations private.

To you both, Namaste.

Cyndi
Posted 2007-01-12 9:05 AM (#73829 - in reply to #73706)

Expert Yogi

bstqltmkr - 2007-01-11 11:31 AM

When the thread police return I'll plead to their tolerant side, or if that fails I'll direct them to Bikram where Cyndi is waiting. I just hope Tssundaram isn't dismayed by all the drama. Now its time to practice. Namaste, Shelly

Hey Shelly,

That doesn't sound very friendly and 'yoga like'. In fact, that was very hateful and not necessary. What did I ever do to you to make you attack me like that?? Please explain, in detail. I've supported all of you guys, even when I had my doubts about it. After that statement, I think perhaps you guys are just trying to cause trouble on yoga.com. However, I'm open to receive a different perspective, although, when you make comments such as these, it makes one question your 'wavering' of "good and positve" energy.

For the record, I happen to like TSunderam too. I've had my own personal conversations with him in the past. I don't think its necessary for you to bash others and only include "certain" individuals in your group. Yoga.com is a place where everyone is welcome and can contribute to conversations in any way they choose, as long as they remain within the boundaries required when you sign up. This is an open forum and everyone should be treated respectfully. When that policy changes, Adios Amigo, I'll be gone too. Have a nice day Shelly.
tourist
Posted 2007-01-12 10:45 AM (#73848 - in reply to #73829)

Expert Yogi

Cyndi - I took that to be a compliment to you so now I am confused....
ystan
Posted 2007-01-12 2:32 PM (#73877 - in reply to #73829)

Cindy, this group has been having bad hair days lately, as you rightly pointed out, the positive energy has dissipated, and if we turn negative, it is because we are unable to handle negatives well, and thus some wrong choice of words and actions. Please excuse us as we need to go through a process of realization, self-analysis and rebuilt. However, in Shelly’s post#73706, it is clear that she regarded you as her protector of this vulnerable thread, in danger of been closed down soon, which is a compliment. She mentioned Bikrim Yoga becuase you have always displayed strong belief and association in this Yoga form, and you defended it with great convictions, which is a compliment. Namaste

Edited by ystan 2007-01-12 2:58 PM
Ravi
Posted 2007-01-12 4:37 PM (#73887 - in reply to #72290)

Om Namah Sivaya,

I hope this helps...this prayer is suppose to bestow on you health, long life, liberation, prosperity and peace. As of now shall there be no more negativity in this thread.......

Om trayambakam yajamahe -Om We worship the three-eyed One (Lord Siva)
Sugandhim Pushtivardhanam -who is fragrant and who nourishes well all beings;
Urvarukamiva Bandhanan -may He liberate us from death for the sake of Immortality
Mrityor Mukshiya Mamritat -even as a cucumber is severed from its bondage (to the creeper

Om Sarvesham Svasti Bhavatu -Om May auspiciousness be unto all.
Sarvesham Shantir Bhavatu -May peace be unto all.
Sarvesham Purnam Bhavatu -May fullness be unto all
Sarvesham Mangalam Bhavatu -May prosperity be unto all.

Sarve Bhavantu Sukhinah -Om May all be happy.
Sarve Santu Niramayaah -May all be free from disabilities.
Sarve Bhadrani Pasyantu -May all look to the good of others.
Ma Kaschid-Dukha-Bhag-Bhavet -May none suffer from sorrow.

Asato Ma Sat Gamaya -Om Lead me from the unreal to the Real.
Tamaso Ma Jyotir Gamaya -From darkness to light.
Mrityor Mamritam Gamaya -From mortality to immortality.

Om Purnamadah Purnamidam -Om That is whole. This is whole
Purnat Purnamudachyate -From the whole the whole becomes manifest.
Prunasya Purnamadaya -From the whole when the whole if negated.
Purnameva Vashishyate -What remains is again the whole.

Om Shantih Shantih Shantih -Om Shantih Shantih Shantih
Om Peace Peace Peace -Om Peace Peace Peace

Om Shanti,
Ravi

Edited by Ravi 2007-01-12 4:46 PM

(1005575533.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments 1005575533.jpg (3KB - 60 downloads)
Cyndi
Posted 2007-01-12 4:41 PM (#73888 - in reply to #73887)

Expert Yogi

Ravi,

Why limit this mantra for this thread...why not extend it out to yoga.com and then the entire world....

Jaya Mata Di

ystan
Posted 2007-01-12 11:24 PM (#73906 - in reply to #73887)

Dear Ravi, that is really really nice of you! It came into the right place and I love it! It would be nicer if this prayer can be listened to in audio. Can you please explain why when a whole if negated, it remains as a whole? Namaste

bstqltmkr
Posted 2007-01-13 7:27 AM (#73916 - in reply to #72290)

Dear Cyndi, please accept that insulting you wasn't my intention. As it has already been mentioned I felt you were protecting us. I've seen exchanges between you and Tssundaram, I love that, and knowing about it is one reason I've posted his updates. I've also read the Bikram thread, actually most days I think I read everything posted through out this forum. Please forgive me if you felt my words were hateful, I was trying to something more playful, hateful absolutely wasn't my intention. Just one more thing though, My words are exactly that, MY words, I'm not speaking for my friends, just myself, and if my words offend anyone I take full responsibility. Sincerely, Shelly

Ravi, thank you so much. I appreciate your post.
judamom
Posted 2007-01-13 3:19 PM (#73965 - in reply to #73916)

Shelly, those of us that you have shared your true soul feelings with, know you are not capable of a deliberate hateful comment. Cindy, not your fault either---words read without voice and facial expression can take on meaning not intended by the author. Ravi, thank-you for such appropriate words. Namaste Judamom
bstqltmkr
Posted 2007-01-14 8:49 AM (#74024 - in reply to #72290)

I love this passage, it's like a real pat on the back...

At home, on the other hand, it is your own intelligence that is the master, and the progress that you make is yours and will be maintained. In addition, the will that you employ is yours. It is not derived from the power, the charisma, the strength, or the fieriness of the teacher. It comes from you, and its effect profound. This is not yoga by the body for the body, but yoga by the body for the mind, for the intelligence. B.K.S. Iyengar Light on Life

It is profound. Namaste. Shelly
Cyndi
Posted 2007-01-14 11:32 PM (#74079 - in reply to #74024)

Expert Yogi

Hey Shelley and Judamon,

Thanks for the clarification, like I said, I was open to a different perspective,

So, I've been away for a couple of days. Went and did a double at the theater last night till 3 am. We saw Apocalypto, then Children of Men. I had so many mixed feelings about BOTH of these movies. I did however love the story of Apocalypto, I just didn't see the need to show the violence in such graphic detail...it could be quite disturbing at times. Children of Men was very wierd and I hope our civilization never comes to that. Talk about a past and future whirlwind all in one night.

Anyway, ya'll take care, I just wanted to pop in and let you know that I'm cool.
judamom
Posted 2007-01-15 2:18 PM (#74144 - in reply to #74079)

Cindi--So good to know you are cool. I can hardly handle violence in movies at all. I know it has been around forever but I do not want it in my world in the visual......I can imagine just fine without seeing it. 'Weird' I can handle easier than violent. It sounds as though it was a emotional stimulant just the same......what possessed you to do a double in one night of such intenseness? Company coming in 2 weeks.....motivated to get all kinds of things done that company coming inspires. This is a friendship of over 25 years and it was started by spiritual conversation and just kept going over all these years. I am looking forward to comparing our stage or phase at this point in time. I know comparison is not important or necessary but we do it as an observation, never a critique. Bye, Namaste Judamom
ystan
Posted 2007-01-16 6:16 AM (#74238 - in reply to #74144)

Friends, found this quote meaningful and would like to share with you. 

"True friendship is a plant of slow growth, and must undergo and withstand the shocks of adversity before it is entitled to the appellation."- George Washington 

Judamom, friendships of 25 years certainly qualified as “True friendship”, congratulations and enjoy the coming union. 

I could not locate “friendship” been referred to in the Yoga Sutra, the spiritual path described seemed a lonely journey, focus on self & Self, except Self would have encompassed everything, friends and foes included. Anyone has insights to share?

Namaste

bstqltmkr
Posted 2007-01-16 8:10 AM (#74240 - in reply to #72290)

I'm waiting for the Curse of the Golden Flower to open near me. I think I have the name right, then I'll lose myself in the visual beauty. Until that's possible, I'm enjoying the beauty of winter and snow outside my window. My heart is singing at the sight of it. Yesterday I even practiced with my curtains open, I didn't want to miss any of it. It was so good, but I noticed a pedestrian going by, and fell out of triangle. I'm not used to that, but I enjoyed the rest of practice.

Judamom, happy to hear you have company coming. You have to balance that all work mode you were in for a few weeks.

Enjoy today, Shelly
tourist
Posted 2007-01-16 7:01 PM (#74308 - in reply to #74238)

Expert Yogi

No mention of true friendship, but I do believe friendliness and/or benevolence of spirit is in the sutras. yes?
ystan
Posted 2007-01-17 12:11 AM (#74334 - in reply to #74308)

My understanding of Yoga Sutras is superficial; please bear with me if I said things out-of-context. I agree the Yamas and Niyamas if observed and adopted would create great quality for cultivating friendship / relationship, but friendship is an object exists for one to observe and learn, similar to any other objects. However, on further thought, if we are connected to the souls of friends, at pure conscious level, as souls are part of the greater Self, can I said the union of souls (of true friends) is Yoga? Is this the connection of true friendship & Yoga, yes? Namaste
judamom
Posted 2007-01-17 5:59 AM (#74353 - in reply to #74240)

Shelly, so happy that you have your snow finally! Can you tell us more of the 'Curse of the Golden Flower'? Ystan, I looked in my Sutra for a reference to Friendship also and as you did found none. Just my own thinking, of course, but I do often feel the yogic path to be lonely if one attempts to truly live by the Sutra teachings but I also find much time for "focus" in that loneliness. I have tried other ways and they did not bring me the peace that the Yogic path does. Could I confuse 'peace' with 'lonely' at times? I heard something on the radio the other day that said the American Culture is rarely quiet. We have became so used to constant noise that quiet becomes uncomfortable. I do have much quiet and I am more comfortable with that than noise but I do see myself alone in that most of the time. Just thoughts. Namaste Judamom
judamom
Posted 2007-01-17 6:13 AM (#74354 - in reply to #74334)

Ystan, I think you are making it more clear in your thinking now. I had not read through to your last entry till after I posted. I think you put it very clearly when you said 'if we are connected to the souls of our friends, at pure conscious level, as souls are part of the greater Self, can I say the union of souls (of true friends) is Yoga?" Yes! Then I try to take it another step sometimes and comprehend that we are "One". I have only truely comprehended 'Oneness' in meditation a handful of times, but I felt at those times that I had been given the answer of completeness. I was not lonely at the time of those meditations, quite the opposite. I love the gift of moments when everything makes perfect sense. Is that the bliss we seek? Namaste Judamom
bstqltmkr
Posted 2007-01-17 7:48 AM (#74361 - in reply to #72290)

http://www.sonyclassics.com/curseofthegoldenflower/

My girl made a link for me. She's so smart, Thank you daughter. These movies are martial arts which my husband likes, but for me the scenery in this directors movies is amazing. I never want to blink, and my husband and I can agree on movies now. Bonus!

Yesterday I felt weak, and skipped practice and slept extra long. I think that was all I needed because today I'm good, and ready to go. I'm glad I didn't push myself as I was tempted to. The day is beautiful, Shelly

Edited by bstqltmkr 2007-01-17 7:53 AM
tssundaram_80
Posted 2007-01-17 9:37 AM (#74373 - in reply to #72290)

Dear bstqltmkr and ystan,

bstqltmkr's post 31 seen.

It is true bstqltmkr, that the Doctor is taking good and great care of
me, not from yesterday or today, but for the past 16 years, right from
the time glaucoma was detected in my eyes.

Both of you will be happy to know that I am being treated by a Lady
doctor!! ( A plus point to you both, Ystan). She is a glaucoma
specialist with wide experience. In 1990, I lost vision of my left eye
and was blind for quite some time. I shudder to use the word "Blind".
I know today what blindness is. It is this Lady Doctor who has
preserved my eye sight all these years. When I lost sight once ,
anything could have happened to me during these 16 years. But no
repetition of that dreadful loss of sight. I will only say that God
saved my eyesight and God saved the Doctor too.I am very much indebted
to her. Softspoken she is, and all my queries, sometimes silly, she
used to answer patiently.

When she started treating me and I told her that I am an Asana addict
and possibly have to bundle this rich art and keep it aside without
practicing, she boldly told me to continue the asana practice and
that nothing will happen to my eyes. That gave me a good kick up to
the already down mental state of mine with glaucoma.

I had in mind then, that I must concentrate on those asanas which will
supply plenty of blood to my face, especially to the eye region and
forehead. I selected Sarvangasana, halasana and matsyasana. Included
these three along with other asanas. God has been kind. Nothing has
happened so far to me .This is the only word I can use to explain my
situation.. Absolutely nothing,no cleverness from my side.

My advice will be that when one goes for eye check up, he must ask
the doctor for eye pressure check up also. I never did this and got
the reward. T.S.Sundaram

ystan
Posted 2007-01-17 10:24 AM (#74382 - in reply to #74373)

TSSundaram:- Welcome back! You have been greatly missed here. Namaste

bstqltmkr
Posted 2007-01-18 7:45 AM (#74450 - in reply to #72290)

Yay for Tssundaram's return to the forum. This is a very good start to a very good day. I mentioned recently that I have a space I can practice in my room now. I found another benefit to practicing in a more secluded area. I can practice for a longer time than before. I didn't find out on my own, but my husband told me, "you know you practice for an hour and a half to two hours when you get up there." Really? I'm not a clock watcher by nature, I didn't know. No wonder my practice has gotten stronger. I'm Happy, Shelly
ystan
Posted 2007-01-18 11:03 PM (#74588 - in reply to #74354)

Judamom, thanks for sharing my thoughts. Glad to know your journey in Yoga is not a lonely one, in fact quite the opposite. I have difficulties comprehending all are “One”; the thought gave me an uneasy feeling, i.e. how does a murder victim yoke with the murderer? How can countries(thus people) at war be “one” where there are so much bad blood? Perhaps “yoke” can happen only when it is at its purest form, and one will go through the purifying processes over and over until purified, before one can return to the Self? It is fascinating to get to know the Yoga Sutras isn’t it? Namaste

Edited by ystan 2007-01-18 11:07 PM
judamom
Posted 2007-01-19 7:27 AM (#74599 - in reply to #74588)

Ystan, I have only truly "comprehended" All One a handful of times and then it elludes me again. I do know when I comprehend, there is no judgement, critisism, no separation and I feel connected with the entire Universe as a vital part and yet only as important as "every other" part. It is difficult to explain. The best comprehension came from a dream and I awoke at exactly the right moment to be able to retain it for contemplation. So much we have yet to understand......and will we ever completely understand.......wouldn't we stop expanding at that point? Maybe that is the bliss spoken of. Namaste Judamom
bstqltmkr
Posted 2007-01-19 7:48 AM (#74602 - in reply to #72290)

Hi everyone, at this point in my life I've accepted that there are so many things that I can't possibly know while I'm here. I enjoy learning what I can, experiencing this life I'm leading, and being aware of the lessons that present themselves. So many things are interesting to me, but in the end my sceptical mind labels them theories. All I can really know is my own experience. Having said that, I believe in our connection. It's a hard thing to remember in daily life, we are also individual and are somehow made to be proud of being individual. Sometimes when I practice, I feel as if my boundaries are less concrete, as if I'm blending into the atmosphere, and my house also blends, etc. and we are all blended to one. Sort of fluid, but different. Well, that's what I think this morning anyway, tomorrow I may be enlightened. Shelly
tssundaram_80
Posted 2007-01-19 12:26 PM (#74637 - in reply to #72290)

Ystan:- You were referrimg to Purnayoga in one of your mails.
Will these references help you please?
-----
http://www.yogamojodojo.com

http://www.teamyoga.com
http://www.innerathlete.net/forum

Thanks. T.S.Sundaram.
ystan
Posted 2007-01-19 3:37 PM (#74671 - in reply to #74637)

TSSundaram:- the links provided are helpful, now I can connect face with great teachings. Thanks and Namaste.  

Posted 2007-01-19 8:38 PM (#74717 - in reply to #72290)

Hey what goes on over here people?
I'm trying like the ****en to keep some other posts floating to the top of the Iyengar section so Bay Guy will not go Ballistic in a San Francisco post office. So I check in to see what's so darn engaging that this thread has a life of it's own, and you are discussing, of all things, ME!

How ironic is that? The same chap trying to stay atop the thread is the very element keeping him from the top of the thread.

tssundaram_80
Posted 2007-01-20 7:10 AM (#74736 - in reply to #72290)

The Strong case for Black Tea.

My dear Friends, Judamom,Bstqltmkr,zzzulu and Ystan. Please read this news item and let us all, we five, discuss on this. Awaiting that early and great opportunity. T.S.Sundaram.

LONDON. Drinking tea can reduce the risk of Heart disease and stroke-- but only if milk is not added to the brew,scientists said today.

Research has shown that tea improves blood flow and the ability of the arteries to relax, but the researchers at Charite Hospital at the university of Berlin in Mitte found that milk eliminates the protective effect against cardiovascular disease.

"The beneficial effects of drinking black tea are completely prevented by the addition of milk," said Dr. Verena Stangl, a cardiologist at the Hospital. " If you want to drink tea to have the beneficial health effects you have to drink it without milk."

Tea is second only to water in worldwide consumption in volume terms, so any benefits could have important public health implications. But until now it was not known whether adding milk had an impact.

Dr.Stangl and her team discovered that proteins called caseins in milk decrease the amount of compounds in tea known as catechins, which increase its protection against heart disease. They believe, their findings reported in the European Heart Journal, could explain why countries where tea is regularly consumed with milk, have not shown a decrease in the risk of heart disease and stroke.

Tea has also been shown to have a protective effect against certain forms of cancer and so the findings could have further implications.

"Since milk appears to modify the biological activities of tea ingrdients, it is likely that the anti-tumour effects of tea could be affected as well," said Dr. Stangl.
From Reuters.
tssundaram_80
Posted 2007-01-20 7:23 AM (#74737 - in reply to #72290)

To all my friends:-
My next subject will be on " GINGER". Get ready with a clear visual image of a cup of hot Ginger Tea right in front of you, ready to take off from the teapoy to your lips. T.S.Sundaram
bstqltmkr
Posted 2007-01-20 7:53 AM (#74738 - in reply to #72290)

Dear Tssundaram, thank you for your message on tea. My grandmother's beverage of choice was tea, and she lived happily to age 97. Funny that she did add milk though. I'm wondering if the milk also binds with the antioxidents in coffee. I can't resist coffee in the morning. I'm also a big fan of ginger.

Today my husband and daughters are going out for a while, I intend to stay here and relish the quiet. I'm definately looking forward to it. Good day everyone, Shelly
ystan
Posted 2007-01-20 9:05 AM (#74750 - in reply to #74736)

I drink Chinese Tea all the time, and no sugar nor milk added, just boiling water. Today in Fox Channel's Health news, a study where people was given tea after heavy meal in carb, and found they absorbed 25% less carb compared with another group who was given a placebo. They mentioned one can reduce 14 lbs in one year by drinking tea! Namaste
tssundaram_80
Posted 2007-01-20 9:49 AM (#74753 - in reply to #72290)

Ystan:- Your Mail 74750:-

Though I am not an authority to pass an opinion, I feel it is good that you take tea without milk and sugar. Is it the practice for many at your end to take tea without milk and sugar.or you have practiced it . The tea you say will be a bit bitter, but if one practices it , there will not be difficulty in drinking it.
I think I should start tea without sugar because my sugar intake I know, is going up. Apart from that, I am a lover of sweets.This being so, I do not want to start a miniature sugar factory in my body system as days go by. At present I am within limits as per the tests done before my eye operation.

I am glad I get some ideas through this forum. Resolution (1).I will start taking tea without milk and sugar. I may have difficulty initially,but time willsolve this for me.

I want to know something from all about preparation of tea. This will be in my next mail. Thanks for your patience. T.S.Sundaram.
ystan
Posted 2007-01-20 10:37 AM (#74758 - in reply to #74753)

The Chinese traditionally drink Chinese tea without sugar/milk. The Japanese drink their green tea without sugar/milk too. However, we add sugar/milk to Western or Ceylon tea. The Chinese believes tea is of "cooling" element and thus it is always drank warm/hot, and too much may affect the balance in the body; also, we discard tea that was made the previous day. Namaste

tssundaram_80
Posted 2007-01-20 11:41 AM (#74760 - in reply to #72290)

ystan:-
Thank you for taking us through tea culture. In the place where I stay, I have heard of Green tea,but that is not of Japanese origin. We have also Tea Dust and Tea leaves. Dust is in the form of powder, the brew of which is a bit strong. I like Tea leaves, the brew of which is mild.In most of the places in this country, the dust or leaf is added to the boiling water and made to boil for quite some time on the fire , till the entire life of the tea get fully mixed up with boiling water. Milk and sugar are then added and then drunk. This will be very very strong.My personal experience is that I get headache after taking such tea. I therefore always prefer light tea made as follows. Boiling water is added to the tea leaf in a glass.Three to five minutes I allow to brew,Then filtered and milk/sugar added. This is light tea which I like. You get ceylon tea also here , but costly. Normally I avoid taking tea outside, but at home I prepare myself the tea and drink it, two times a day one at 6 am and second tine at 4 pm, 120 ml each time, not more than that. My wife has her favourite coffee. Ystan, from tomorrow no milk,no sugar to my tea, Let me see. If ystan can drink such tea why not I ? Something good, a good habit should come as benefit to me out of our forum. T.S.Sundaram.
judamom
Posted 2007-01-20 10:55 PM (#74821 - in reply to #74753)

TSSundaram--do you consider honey in your tea? I am such an advocate of the health benefits of honey that I put it in tea and coffee. I read once in the I AM philosophy that 7 things to avoid if one wanted to have clearness of mental activities...."Meat, alcohol, narcartics, salt, excess sugar, strong coffee, tobacco". From that I justified coffee as long as it was weak and I switched to honey instead of sugar......no problem with any of the others. That is only one philosophy and until we adopt the understanding of finding out individually what works for our bodies and compare to no other we will still flounder around, I believe. Each one should be busy experimenting for their own personal highest health level, again my own belief but I do understand and respect our uniqueness. Just thoughts, sharing. Namaste Judamom
tssundaram_80
Posted 2007-01-21 12:58 AM (#74824 - in reply to #72290)

Judamom:-I am very happy to see in your mail 74821, a reference to Honey. While I shall deal with your queries in your mail shortly and write more about honey , I hasten to reproduce below a write up of mine I sent to food Magazine years back, just for the information of all of you.

Honey, the neglected food.

"When we talk of food, what that comes to one's mind are cooked food- Veg or Non-veg, Vegetables,Cereals, Grains etc,. Since our intestine cannot tolerate certain items, they are cooked for easy digestion. There is, however a natural food which needs no cooking obtained from nature, ignored by many and put to use by few, called as 'HONEY. Honey is a food in itself and a tonic too. Easily digestible, it is assimilated in the human system very fast. Highly nutritious it is and regular use of the same-- a teaspoonful or two daily-- can strengthen a weak heart. This should form a regular item of one's diet.

However, opinion is divided as far as use of Honey is concerned by Diabetics.Some say it can safely be consumed by those having sugar complaint, Others not. In any case, it is better they avoid Honey or consult a Doctor.

One can write pages after pages about the beneficial effect of honeyon the human system. But
space compulsion limits this small note".

I shall deal with this topic HONEY again in detail in my next. One must know more about this neglected food item. T.S.Sundaram.
Cyndi
Posted 2007-01-21 10:33 AM (#74837 - in reply to #74824)

Expert Yogi

My favorite subject, HONEY!!!  I drink honey every single day in my Chai.  I use it for burns, I mix it with Tumeric Powder for wounds on all my animals and myself.  Honey is the pure food,

About Diabetics...that is the most overated and misdiagnosed disease in today's world.  I also think that if people did not eat processed food, have poor dietary habits, stressful environments, their diabeties would totally disappear.  Perhaps we should tell them about Yoga??!?

Edited by Cyndi 2007-01-21 10:36 AM
tssundaram_80
Posted 2007-01-22 9:01 AM (#74902 - in reply to #72290)

Cyndi:- Nice to see you here when we talk of Honey, the gift of God to all of us in this mundane world. Good to know that it is a favourite subject of yours and a food too for you.

You will remember some months back, in the same forum in a different thread, there was a post on "Garlic in Honey". We both had expressed our views on that and I was not for garlic and honey together. You were also not happy with that,I think.

Good you are using it in your Chai as as weetener. I for myself after a morning brisk walk take a teaspoonful of honey in lukewarm water, add juice of half a lemon into it, stir well and drink it.

As you have said, it is used for burns. The burning sensation goes away soon and helps in healing the wound. It has other medicinal properties too, and some of the Ayurvedic preparations contain Honey. My grand mother used to say that honey can turn your black hair white if you touch your hair with the hand with traces of honey without washing the hand.

Regarding diabetic patients, Swami Sivananda has said that they can take honey with advantage.But my personal view is that it is better diabetics consult their doctor before taking honey. Diabetics can benefit definitely, by turning to yoga with adjustment to their food habits.

Honey is a potent brain tonic, if daily 10 almonds soaked in water overnight and the skin removed, are taken next morning with one or two spoonful of honey.

It is a custom in some countries,to offer as the first thing to a new born child, honey as food!!. So many good points are there on honey , but I stop here and continue further at the next opportunity. T.S.Sundaram.
tssundaram_80
Posted 2007-01-22 9:20 AM (#74907 - in reply to #72290)

Judamom:- Your post 74821. Yes, you can add honey as a sweetener to tea and take, but I have not tried it with coffee. Honey can be used in many ways. The onlr risk is that you get sometimes adulterated Honey. That is, they add jaggery syrup to honey and you cannot make out which is genuine and which is not. There is a wrong notion that one gets constipated with regular use of honey. My personal experience is just the opposite.

I am very glad that you initiated a discussion on Honey and we able to know more about this elixir. Kindly go through two of my posts above on honey. Thanks. T.S.Sundaram.
Cyndi
Posted 2007-01-22 10:07 AM (#74914 - in reply to #74907)

Expert Yogi

Dear Tssundaram,

Yes, you were right, I do not like garlic with my honey.

I have tried honey from India and Nepal.  The honey from India tasted just like Jaggery, whereas the honey from Nepal, tasted like Neem.  It was somewhat bitter tasting due to the flowers and trees that were blooming when this honey was made.

This is the reason I do my own beekeeping.  I want 'pure' honey, not sugar honey, and definitely not jaggery honey.  In China and some parts of India, they are have very poor beekeeping practices.  They also cheat when they add sugar to the colony, this is a very bad practice and it is SO UNHEALTHY for the bees.  In the future, they will loose all their bees because they will die from diseases and from bad apiary management.  They also treat these colonies with chemicals and antibiotics that are dangerous for the bees and for human consumption, in the long run.  In fact, recently, Honey from China was banned in the United States for this reason.  Bee careful.

Honey has some really interesting qualities.  In my experience and observations, there are many different types of trees and flowers that bees go for.  They also can be very selective and they pretty much do what bees do, they have a mind of their own when it comes to what type of nectar they choose.  In my region, we have a Sourwood tree that blooms in the Summer.  This honey is called Sourwood Honey.  It has a very warm and heating nature.  Then we have Tupelo Honey from Florida, which is also heating.  Then of course Orange Flour, heating.  These honey's are very light in color and are usually thicker, with the exception of Sourwood, which can usually vary, because it is the "white" honey.  Now, the other types of honey, such as here we have "Wildflower".  This honey is a very dark amber color, and is very cooling.  I consider this the spring honey, which should be eaten in the summer months to help cool the body down or when there is excessive heat in the body.  Then of course there is the Summer Sourwood and the Summer Honey (which could be Tupelo, Clover, Orange Blossom, Sage, etc).  These honey's are good for warming and in the wintertime.  It really depends on the individual person's consitution.  Then, we have Mesquite Honey which is made out West towards Arizona, Texas and Nevada.  This is very White Honey and is also good.  

As a beekeeper, I make notice of everything that is blooming, and I watch the bees to see which flowers they are taking in.  Then when I see they are finished, they cap the honey and then we are able to remove it from the hive and start again.  I always leave the late summer and fall harvest on the hive/colony, so they will have food for winter. 

Also, either way, honey is actually 'neutral' to the human body, according to Traditional Chinese Medicine.  According to Ayurvedic, it is heating.  Honey that is raw is more heating than honey that has been cooked, according to TCM theory. Heated honey moistens dryness and treats dry or hoarse throat and dry cough.  In TCM, both honey's are considered and used medicinally, whereas, Ayurvedically, you should NEVER heat honey above 110 degrees, then it becomes toxic to the human body - which could produce constipation and other health problems.  I personally find that raw honey acts the same as cooked honey and do not accept the TCM method of heating honey.  I find that the various flowers and nectar have more of an inpact on the various medical uses of honey, due to the flowers having their own medicinal value.  Here in America, we don't have much information about the Sourwood, the Tupelo trees etc.  The Native Americans did rely on this, and it is a lost art unfortunately, with little if any documentation.  Hmm?? Perhaps I need to put on my science hat and start documenting huh??

Ya'll have a great day!

Edited by Cyndi 2007-01-22 10:35 AM
Cyndi
Posted 2007-01-22 10:47 AM (#74920 - in reply to #74914)

Expert Yogi

Okay, I'm sorry, it is not Orange FLOUR honey...I was talking to my daughter while typing and told her to please get the flour for me...it should say, Orange Blossom.
judamom
Posted 2007-01-22 3:00 PM (#74939 - in reply to #74914)

TSsundaram, I have used honey in my coffee for years so I remember no other way for coffee. If one is not accustom to it it may take time to adjust the taste buds. Cindy, so nice to know a 'bee keeper' and all the knowledge that that must bring. If we have any questions about bees or honey we know who to ask. Thanks!! Namaste Judamom
Cyndi
Posted 2007-01-22 5:38 PM (#74957 - in reply to #74939)

Expert Yogi

Judamom, I also use honey in my coffee, when I drink it that is. I don't drink coffee very often, but when I do....honey is my preferred condiment.   
ystan
Posted 2007-01-22 9:53 PM (#74978 - in reply to #74914)

Cindi, I enjoyed reading your honey write-up, you must be having great fun being a beekeeper! What is the best way of treating a single bee sting? Namaste
tssundaram_80
Posted 2007-01-23 3:30 AM (#74996 - in reply to #72290)

ystan, bstqltmkr, judamom, zzzulu and now cyndi,
I have just returned from the eye doctor after third check up. Eyerything is fine and the cut has healed.She has permitted me to watch TV, operate pc but to go slowly which I shall certainly do. I thought I will keep you posted of my eye condition. I am also able to see clearly with the operated eye. Best wishes to all of you. T.S.Sundaram.
Yashodha
Posted 2007-01-23 5:57 AM (#75006 - in reply to #74996)

Drinking lots of Honey is not good.. and Ayurveda doesnt recomend it..

" a teaspoonful of honey in lukewarm water, add juice of half a lemon into it, stir well and drink it. "

This is a proven way to slim down.....

Edited by Yashodha 2007-01-23 6:00 AM
bstqltmkr
Posted 2007-01-23 6:55 AM (#75014 - in reply to #72290)

Tssundaram, that is lovely news. Now I'm hearing the old song....
I can see clearly now, the rain is gone
I can see all the obstacles in my way
It's going to be a bright, bright sunshining day!

I think those are the words, that's the way I heard them anyway. So, everyone enjoy their day, I missed out on my practice yesterday, and I really missed it. Today my body is aching to get on the mat. It will be good and smooth, like honey, Shelly
judamom
Posted 2007-01-23 7:42 AM (#75022 - in reply to #75006)

Yashodha, One can find controversy in every subject on the planet........makes us realize how incredibly 'unique' we are. What one thrives on is another's poison. Maybe that is why we are learning to tune in to our highest self and trust it beyond what is taught by any single group. I would be a pretty miserable creature if I followed the advise "out there".........Yes, Ystan, I do get lonely from time to time. I also can only read all philosophies and never take one as MY title......I just cannot accept that any one belief system is The Truth for All......at times I envy those who can, but not often. Namaste Judamom
Yashodha
Posted 2007-01-23 7:53 AM (#75023 - in reply to #75022)

Yeah But wont that make us more knowledgable.. When one person say somethign and all the others say Yes its true and agree we wont be sitting and typing here in a forum.. Its all about getting different views and upgrade our knowledge.. But doesnt need to practice everythign what we hear...

"I just cannot accept that any one belief system is The Truth for All."

I agree with you on that.. Its very true.. But Honey matter is not a belief .. its a proven thing due to its content.. But it might work or not based on your body .. because everybody is different.. As a rule of thumb.. my fat friends eat honey with hot lime juice to get thin and atleast they are in control

Cyndi
Posted 2007-01-23 10:21 AM (#75039 - in reply to #74978)

Expert Yogi

Actually, there are some tribal "natives" in Nepal, that live on Honey alone.  They claim that honey has everything they need to survive.  I have also heard of these kinds of people still in India today as well.

I eat honey every day because it is available to me.  I have never experienced problems with honey, in fact, I do believe that is what keeps me healthy.  I once read in one of my Ayurvedic manuals that persons that kept bees did not have cancer.  I believe that to be true since honey is anti-viral, aids in cell rejuvination inside and outside the human body, provides minerals that you cannot get from other outside sources, I could go on and on about this.  Although, you can eat too much of anything and have problems.

Ystan, are bees stinging you??? I have several different remedies for bee stings.  My first recommendation is to apply a wet paste of baking soda to draw out the poison and reduce the pain.  A poultice of coffee grounds is also good. (Coffee grounds help aid in bruising, that is if the bee hits you,   just kidding).  Juice compresses of Onion and/or raw onion packs are also good for drawing out the swelling and pain. Then Raw Apple Cider Vinegar is good too.  All of these things are great to have on hand.  Sometimes I may not have access to all of it.  If you're out in the wilderness, I pretty much stay in back country half of my time.  I keep a bottle of Chinese Herbs on hand as well.  Its a Scute formula that not only works internally and externally to resolve the toxins, but it removes pain.  This is my first choice...the others are secondary.  Once I was backpacking with my daughter and Doberman.  We once got stung over 30 times by yellow jackets, because Dog, was sniffing around the ground where he should not have been!  We took the Chinese Herbal Formula, due to our extreme condition.  I gave this to the dog too.  This saved our lives, because it neutralized the blood and reduced the pain almost instantly, and better than any Western medicine product on the market today.  We were no where near civilization.  My TCMD gave me this remedy.  The others are good and work too, especially for minor stings.  Most of the time, I do not treat bee stings, because I WANT bee stings..it helps build up your immunity to the bees.  Also, there are some people who like to do Apitherapy, this is where you use the bees to sting you in various places on your body.  Bee stings also aids your body in Arthritis conditions.  IF, you are highly allergic to bees, or think you might be, then you should carry around an Epi-pen.  I've known beekeepers who discovered this too late and they ended up in a hospital with severe swelling.  Anaphylactic shock is not something to play with. 

Sooo, that is my bee/honey post for today.  Yes, it is great fun being in nature.  Beekeeping is a wonderful hobby for me.  The first time I ever opened up the hive and saw what they did, I was amazed.  They are such unique little creatures.  There is nothing like being able to open up the hive and smell the bee pollen, the propolis, the wax and the honey.  Then to eat honey directly from the hive is like being in heaven.   I know how Pooh bear feels,

tssundaram_80
Posted 2007-01-23 10:49 AM (#75041 - in reply to #72290)

To all friends including Yashodha:-

Judamom has the knack of pulling out something out of her treasure, this time a good topic on Honey and that has set every body in motion and buzzing like bees. Every one wrote some good things about sweet honey .

Cyndi took all pains to feed us with a lot of information about Bee keeping, Bees, Beehives in her interesting write up. I knew cyndi's attachment towards bees and honey . She had once, months back, told me that she entirely depended on her bee culture for her quota of Honey. Every body cannot have that luxuary.

Ystan liked cyndi's write up on honey very much.

Yashoda's view that, too much of honey is very bad, I also fully endorse. Anything for that matter in excess is very bad. Yasoda's recipe for reducing weight using honey and lemon juice, I myself have tried a few years back. It has certainly contributed positively to my weight loss along with other daily routines programmes. A small bottle of honey should always be in one's kitchen shelf.

One of the best properties of good honey is that its quality does not deteriorate with time. On the other hand , its quality improves with passage of time. No wonder people like to preserve it.

An interesting story on honey is worth mentioning here. A few years back a casket was unearthed from one of the Mummies that are buried in the Pyramids in Egypt. Among other things found in that casket was an earthern jar full of honey. And even after more than three thousand five hundred years the honey was tasteful, sweet and nutritious. It was custom in ancient Egypt to bury the things a dead person liked most with his or her coffin. It only goes to prove that Honey was the darling of the palate in ancient Egypt also.

I have made you to travel a long distance. Let me stop hear. Best wishes T.S.Sundaram.
ystan
Posted 2007-01-23 12:20 PM (#75053 - in reply to #75039)

Thanks Cindy for the advice! The other tips I read on bees is if there is one bee circling me, I should stay very still so I don't agitate it, it will fly away after finding nothing sweet about me; and if there is a swarm of bees, cover my head & run for my life towards a dark place, as bees apparently can't see well in darkness, and if I can run fast for about 50m, I should outrun/outfly the bees...J  Namaste

Yashodha
Posted 2007-01-23 11:12 PM (#75090 - in reply to #75041)

tssundaram_80 - 2007-01-22 3:49 AM

To all friends including Yashodha:-

Judamom has the knack of pulling out something out of her treasure, this time a good topic on Honey and that has set every body in motion and buzzing like bees. Every one wrote some good things about sweet honey .

Cyndi took all pains to feed us with a lot of information about Bee keeping, Bees, Beehives in her interesting write up. I knew cyndi's attachment towards bees and honey . She had once, months back, told me that she entirely depended on her bee culture for her quota of Honey. Every body cannot have that luxuary.

Ystan liked cyndi's write up on honey very much.

Yashoda's view that, too much of honey is very bad, I also fully endorse. Anything for that matter in excess is very bad. Yasoda's recipe for reducing weight using honey and lemon juice, I myself have tried a few years back. It has certainly contributed positively to my weight loss along with other daily routines programmes. A small bottle of honey should always be in one's kitchen shelf.

One of the best properties of good honey is that its quality does not deteriorate with time. On the other hand , its quality improves with passage of time. No wonder people like to preserve it.

An interesting story on honey is worth mentioning here. A few years back a casket was unearthed from one of the Mummies that are buried in the Pyramids in Egypt. Among other things found in that casket was an earthern jar full of honey. And even after more than three thousand five hundred years the honey was tasteful, sweet and nutritious. It was custom in ancient Egypt to bury the things a dead person liked most with his or her coffin. It only goes to prove that Honey was the darling of the palate in ancient Egypt also.

I have made you to travel a long distance. Let me stop hear. Best wishes T.S.Sundaram.

Thanks for the Summary.. Im quite new to the forum and Have no understanding whats going on some times.. But I just play it free...

Too much heney creates constipation .. But if you have a very good intake of watter every day you may be able to get over with it..

Cyndi, you are correct about Indians and Nepalis using lots of honey… But those natives are buying honey from supermarkets now

BTW.. Girls.. This is a very good ( I have experienced ) recipe for your Skin to glow , which I tried in a SPA at Pathaya ( Thailand)

1. Egg York
2. 2 tea spoons of Bee honey
3. 2 tea spoons of Olive oil

After a bath ( when bathing you can use some herbs to scrub the body , they used sea salt I think ) wipe your body properly.. mix all these ingredients together very well and massage your body with that.. stay with that for 10 minutes. Just wash it off using normal water and wipe your body

Your skin starts glowing and I was amazed by results… It will be there for 1 -2 days.. Don’t worry this mixtures is not stinking .. Only problem is that after I came home I tried to do this by myself .. but it becomes the bathroom messy.. :-(

Edited by Yashodha 2007-01-23 11:14 PM
ystan
Posted 2007-01-24 12:42 AM (#75093 - in reply to #75090)

Yashodha, welcome, and thank you for your recipe for the skin! You rightly pointed out the olive oil does make the shower room messy and slippery, and may post a hazard, so it is safer to get a SPA treatment instead of doing it at home.

You have reminded me I have some old stock of Royal Jelly (paste form) in freezer, which is over its shelf life. Once in a blue moon I take a bit and apply on my face, wash off with water after 5-10 minutes, my skin felt refreshed and firmed after that. Now I should add some honey to the paste, and make an effort to do it more frequently. I have oily skin, I think I can do away with olive oil. 

Can you give a short introduction about yourself?

Honey is so good, it is no wonder we call our love ones Honey! Namaste

Yashodha
Posted 2007-01-24 1:29 AM (#75095 - in reply to #75093)

ystan - 2007-01-23 5:42 PM

Honey is so good, it is no wonder we call our love ones Honey!

Cookies are good so you call them Cookie ????

What did the bee say to the flower?
Hello honey! !!!!

Edited by Yashodha 2007-01-24 1:42 AM
zzzuluwarrior
Posted 2007-01-24 3:28 AM (#75096 - in reply to #75095)

Hi everyone
Love this honey discussion.
I was recently told by an ayurvedic herbalist that honey "scrapes" fat, therefore it is good for losing weight, or rather, losing fat.

Also, anyone knows why by ayurveda, one's not supposed to boil honey? That always puzzles me and so far, I have not found an answer.

Keep well and namste

zzzulu
Yashodha
Posted 2007-01-24 4:28 AM (#75097 - in reply to #75096)

zzzuluwarrior - 2007-01-23 8:28 PM

Also, anyone knows why by ayurveda, one's not supposed to boil honey? That always puzzles me and so far, I have not found an answer.

zzzulu

Don't boil honey or you will destroy much of the nutrition and the flavor. For the same reason, don't buy it in the grocery because that has no doubt been processed. Look for raw local honey from the beekeepers ( Like Cyndi :-) ) or at health food stores or produce stands.
Cyndi
Posted 2007-01-24 10:15 AM (#75112 - in reply to #75097)

Expert Yogi

Yashoda,

In Nepal, there are still "real" beekeepers.  I know this because of my husband being Nepalis, and I just received some Nepalis honey from my friend's Grandmother...who keeps bees in the countryside.  Another friend has bees in the walls of his house, which in their culture, they consider that to be very lucky.

tssundaram_80
Posted 2007-01-24 12:15 PM (#75124 - in reply to #72290)

To all Honey lovers:-

In English language there are certain words using the word "Honey". Here are a few:-

1). Honey Madness:- There is a rhododendron about Trebizond, the flowers of which the bees are fond of, but if anyone eats the honey he becomes mad.

2). Honey Soap:- contains no portion of honey. Some made from the finest yellow soap; and some is a mixture of palm-oil soap, olive- soap, and curd -soap. It is scented with oil of verbena, rose-geramium, ginger grass, bergamot, etc.

3). Honeycomb:- The hexagonal shape of the bees' cells is generally ascribed to instinctive skill of the bee, but is said to be simply the ordinary result of mechanical laws. Solitary bees always make circular cells. and without doubt those of hive bees are made cylindrical, but acquire their hexagonal form by mechanical pressure. Dr. Wollaston says that all cylinders made of soft pliable materials become hexagonal under such circumstances.

4). Honeydew:- A sweet substance found on lime-trees and some other plants. Bees and ants are fond of it. It is a curious misnomer, as it is the excretion of the aphis or vine-fretter. The way it is excreted is this: the ant beats with its antennae the abdomen of the aphis, which lifts up the part beaten, and excretes a limpid drop of sweet juice called honey dew.

5). Honeymoon:- The month after marriage, or so much of it as is spent away from home; So called from the practice of the ancient Teutons of drinking honey-wine for thirth days after marriage. Attila, the Hun, indulged so freely in hydromel at his wedding-feast that he died.

6). Honeywood:- A yea-nay type, illustrative of what Dr. Young says: " What is mere good naturebut a fool? " (Goldsmith: The Good-natured Man ). ( Copied ) T.S.Sundaram.
Yashodha
Posted 2007-01-24 10:05 PM (#75162 - in reply to #75124)

tssundaram_80 - 2007-01-23 5:15 AM

To all Honey lovers:-

In English language there are certain words using the word "Honey". Here are a few:-

1). Honey Madness:- There is a rhododendron about Trebizond, the flowers of which the bees are fond of, but if anyone eats the honey he becomes mad.

2). Honey Soap:- contains no portion of honey. Some made from the finest yellow soap; and some is a mixture of palm-oil soap, olive- soap, and curd -soap. It is scented with oil of verbena, rose-geramium, ginger grass, bergamot, etc.

3). Honeycomb:- The hexagonal shape of the bees' cells is generally ascribed to instinctive skill of the bee, but is said to be simply the ordinary result of mechanical laws. Solitary bees always make circular cells. and without doubt those of hive bees are made cylindrical, but acquire their hexagonal form by mechanical pressure. Dr. Wollaston says that all cylinders made of soft pliable materials become hexagonal under such circumstances.

4). Honeydew:- A sweet substance found on lime-trees and some other plants. Bees and ants are fond of it. It is a curious misnomer, as it is the excretion of the aphis or vine-fretter. The way it is excreted is this: the ant beats with its antennae the abdomen of the aphis, which lifts up the part beaten, and excretes a limpid drop of sweet juice called honey dew.

5). Honeymoon:- The month after marriage, or so much of it as is spent away from home; So called from the practice of the ancient Teutons of drinking honey-wine for thirth days after marriage. Attila, the Hun, indulged so freely in hydromel at his wedding-feast that he died.

6). Honeywood:- A yea-nay type, illustrative of what Dr. Young says: " What is mere good naturebut a fool? " (Goldsmith: The Good-natured Man ). ( Copied ) T.S.Sundaram.

Ah you missed one.,... there is something called “ Honey Syndrome “ too
tssundaram_80
Posted 2007-01-25 4:52 AM (#75184 - in reply to #72290)

Yashodha and Cyndi:-

Thank you very much Yashoda, for your addendum to my list on Honey words.

Cyndi had made a mention in her post 75112, that "Bees in the walls of the house are considered lucky" by some people. I have also heard many people saying in my Native place down South India, that if a swarm of bees in trying to find a colony to settle and to start collectng honey, choses your wall or ceiling or roof of your house or an adgecent tree in your compoud. it is a good omen and the family should consider themselves as lucky. Even though the hazard of bee sting will be there porticularly on children who try to meddle with it, the family never drive them away and make use of them for their honey. When once they find sufficient quantity of honey are there, they drive them away without killing not even a single bee, by spreading smoke from burning twigs and leaves near their colony, when all the bees fly away to another locaation because of the smoke. From T.S.Sundaram.
Yashodha
Posted 2007-01-25 5:25 AM (#75186 - in reply to #75184)

tssundaram_80 - 2007-01-24 9:52 PM

Yashodha and Cyndi:-

Thank you very much Yashoda, for your addendum to my list on Honey words.

Cyndi had made a mention in her post 75112, that "Bees in the walls of the house are considered lucky" by some people.

Yeah true .. Because these people know how expensive bee honey is...and then they know that they get it FOC....

Few years ago my father put my old Study table out side the home and after few months there were bees making a hive.. I didnt consider myself lucky at that time because I couldnt walk in to that area without fear of them hurting me... And I hated their humming noice.. And didnt know the price of honey too :-)

Edited by Yashodha 2007-01-25 5:30 AM
tssundaram_80
Posted 2007-01-25 6:05 AM (#75187 - in reply to #72290)

zzzuluwarrior:- Thanks for your post 75096.

Yashodha has provided you with an answer for your query on boiling Honey. My question to you is, why boil honey? What for?.

Where are you speaking from zzzulu? How are you keeping? You cannot forget us so easily and so soon. I am sure. You must be very busy. On what? Can I share some ?. Please favour us with news about your enjoyment of health, yoga practice, and your three close pet companions.
I have half a mind to send similar questionnaire to my beloved Judamom, bstqltmkr and ystan also. Please resume participation in this column.

Best wishes to all. T.S,Sundaram.
Yashodha
Posted 2007-01-25 6:18 AM (#75188 - in reply to #75187)

tssundaram_80 - 2007-01-24 11:05 PM

zzzuluwarrior:- Thanks for your post 75096.

Yashodha has provided you with an answer for your query on boiling Honey. My question to you is, why boil honey? What for?.

Ayyiiiyooooo,, Havent you read recipes ????? Ok ok read this exapmple :

"Bring bee honey, brown sugar and salt to a boil over medium heat; stir until sugar is dissolved. Boil without stirring for 2 minutes. "

All Indian men are like this :-) dont know anything about Cooking ..... That why Indian girls love to marry foreigners I think

hey hey just kidding :-)
judamom
Posted 2007-01-25 6:36 AM (#75190 - in reply to #72290)

TSSundaram, I think I said this earlier but in case I did not, I started taking piano lessons and in order to take complete advantage of the expense I must practice at least one hour per day and preferrably two. Time I used to save for computer is now needed at the piano. I will check in quickly to see how you are all doing but many times have nothing to say---probably a blessing in disquise. I will always be wishing everyone well even in silence......the same as ZZZulu does, I imagine. Isn't that the joy of friendship? Sharing when possible but still sending love when not? So good to have you back and chipper as can be! I love it when I see your name at "the friendship continues". Namaste Judamom
bstqltmkr
Posted 2007-01-25 7:40 AM (#75192 - in reply to #72290)

I'm happy to read all the posts today, but can you believe I have nothing to say? I'm wracking my brain, but alas, no words. I can tell you that I'm doing fine, a little busy this past week, but it 's going good, I haven't been frantic. I'm hoping I'm over franticness. I doubt it, but for now I'm enjoying it. I might not be online for a few days, I'm having trouble with my computer, I'll be sure to check in when I get a chance. Namaste. Shelly
ystan
Posted 2007-01-25 7:56 AM (#75193 - in reply to #75187)

Dear friends, this 80+ year-old sugar-honey-sir has more enthusiasm and energies than all of us put together!

Cindy the nature-lover beekeeper, how many bees are there in an average beehive? Also, does bees get sick? And, do they die in their hives?

Be sweet, Namaste

tssundaram_80
Posted 2007-01-25 10:10 AM (#75208 - in reply to #72290)

Ayyiiiyooooo,, Havent you read recipes ????? Ok ok read this exapmple :

"Bring bee honey, brown sugar and salt to a boil over medium heat; stir until sugar is dissolved. Boil without stirring for 2 minutes. "

All Indian men are like this :-) dont know anything about Cooking ..... That why Indian girls love to marry foreigners I think
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
To all, Yashodha included:- I am surprised how I have missed the recipes on honey as mentioned in the message reproduced above. Thanks for waking me up.

I have liked and enjoyed the last two lines of the above message about Cooking. This is really what is called as Humour and this has produced laughter in me. Laughter is one of the greatest gifts that God has given to men and women. We are the only creatures who can laugh and who have a sense of humour. It keeps we people happy and healthy.

Simple oft -quoted quotations like "All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy", "A belly laugh a day keeps the Doctor away" comes to my mind when talking of humour and laughter. A belly laugh has high therapeutic effect.

I shall conclude with these few words now , but shall--all of us--bring this topic to the forum for discussion on the playful effects of Humour and the therapeutic effects of laughter shortly. All are requested to contribute their experiences, views, etc,. liberally in this column . Thanks for your patience. T.S.Sundaram.
Cyndi
Posted 2007-01-25 10:59 AM (#75219 - in reply to #75193)

Expert Yogi

Hey Guys, The smoke and bees.  The smoke actually masks the pheromone alarm that bees produce when their hive is being disturbed.  Which in turn allows the beekeeper to go into the hive with greater ease, because this alarm is what sends the message to the bees to attack and destroy the predator.  Bees will not only sting you.  Sometimes I have to wear very thick gloves because the heat that the bees produce is very hot and is worse than the sting itself.  When predators get inside the colony, say a yellow jacket or sometimes small mice, they don't stand a chance. 

Ystan,  How many bees in a colony??....THOUSANDS and THOUSANDS.  Last summer I had a swarm of bees in my bee yard. It's amazing to watch.  I'll post a picture below of a tree limb that is covered in bees so you can get an idea.  We think this was a swarm from another beekeeper down the road trying to find a way into my bee yard.  I was thinking about retreiving these bees from the tree, but it was over 60 feet high.  I don't like to climb that high. 

Yes, bees do get sick.  They can get dysentary, they can get Foulbrood, they can get trachael mites and varoa mites which will wipe out an entire colony if not monitored and treated properly.  They also are subjected to Small Hive Beetles which can take over weak colonies.  Yes, there is such a thing as a 'dead out', where the colony basically dies for whatever reason that is going on.  Sometimes the entire colony can leave the hive, or they can do small swarms which are natural for bees because this is how they manage their population.  For instance, if a beehive gets too many bees, they will make a virgin queen, then the old queen leaves with some bees leaving the virgin queen behind.  That is why being a beekeeper, it is important to manage your bees.  This is how you produce honey and maintain your hives.  It's not that difficult if you like bees and understand what needs to be done.  In the wild, it is very hard for bees to survive.  Their life span is much shorter.  Mostly due to environmental causes, from pesticide spraying and lack of areas to nest in, which is why honeybees find old homes or in the case of India/Nepal, in walls of homes.  That happens very frequently here in the states too.  That is a beekeepers dream,

(A Swarm of Bees #1.JPG)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments A Swarm of Bees #1.JPG (72KB - 63 downloads)
tssundaram_80
Posted 2007-01-25 11:39 AM (#75222 - in reply to #72290)

judamom:- Your mail 75096:-You had mentioned in one of your messages that you have started learning Piano, which is drawing quite some precious time of yours. I completely forgot about the same and started wondering as to what has happened to Judamom. Thank you for your spontaneous reply. I wish you all the best in your endeavour . There is no age limit for learning and I appreciate your sportsmanlike approach and attitude. Others of your age, including myself should emulate your example. Wish you once again all the best. T.S.Sundaram.
tssundaram_80
Posted 2007-01-25 12:03 PM (#75224 - in reply to #72290)

bstqltmkr:-
I have seen your message 75192:-

Glad to know that you are reading all our posts. I will never believe that you are short of words and you have nothing up in your sleeves to say. Your past mails were wonderful to read. I hope you are busy with your hobby. Hope you are keeping well and maintaining good health offered by yoga practice.

My computer also is at times giving some trouble or other, and I cannot now think of replacing this lady with a new one, because of the fairly good amount I have spent on my eye operation. Do come to the forum with a few words, as and when you get time. It will be a pleasure for us to see you in words and letters in this forum.

While on this, I would like to tell you that I am recovering from the eye operation. I am sending these messages only on getting the green signal from my doctor.

Best wishes to you. T.S.sundaram.
Yashodha
Posted 2007-01-25 10:55 PM (#75306 - in reply to #75208)

Oh thanks tssungaram for taking it as a joke.. If I knew you are 80 years old I should have been more careful :-)

Should Respect Elders Right !!!

energy of your posts never gave me the feeling of your age.. ! My previous Yoga teacher was 80 Years old and She was also like that.. Really respect her !! for her good qualities.. and wisdom

Its great to know you !!!!!

But its still true about Indian men anyway

Edited by Yashodha 2007-01-25 10:56 PM
tssundaram_80
Posted 2007-01-25 11:55 PM (#75308 - in reply to #72290)

Yashodha:- Your post 75306. Both the date 2007-01-26 and the time of destatch 7.55 AM of your mail under reply , suggest that you are not far away from the place where both my computer and internet connections are.. I may be wrong. If so please correct me with details, if you have no reservations.

As regards a reply to your mail , I shall do it soon. Anyway, I have enjoyed everything of what you have written of me in your mail, particularly the last sentence once again. God bless you. T.S.Sundaram.
ystan
Posted 2007-01-26 2:57 AM (#75317 - in reply to #75219)

Cindy, have I made you very busy counting the number of bees in the beehives?  Jokes aside, thank you very much for your firsthand information on beekeeping; while I am one where a bee is enough to disturb me, you live with Thousands of bees in peace and harmony (I bet you don't quarrell with the bees), and that is amazing . Namaste

Cyndi
Posted 2007-01-26 10:17 AM (#75331 - in reply to #75317)

Expert Yogi

Good Morning Ystan,

I lost track of the count after about 300....it's too much work cause everybody looks the same and unfortunately, I was probably counting double, maybe even triple,

No, never quarrell with the bees.  

One more thing about what to do around bees.  First of all, when bees are swarming, they will not sting you.  They have something different on their minds.  I tell people to just stand very still, do not move when they are being approached by a swarm of bees or happen to walk up in the midst of a swarm.  This is really the best way. NEVER swat at bees, any bee.  Don't drink you chai with honey while standing outside near beehives or bees' nests.  They will want some too, trust me  

Also, when in nature, don't wear nice perfume and/or essential oil blends, as that will always get their attention...they will think you are a flower with nectar in it.  Just remember that honey bees are very good for our environment, so please do not spray ugly pesticides, because they can carry it back to the hive and kill everyone.  If you see honeybees in your backyard pool or in your hummingbird feeder, don't worry they won't stay long, they just like your place and need a drink of water.

ystan
Posted 2007-01-26 11:10 AM (#75339 - in reply to #75331)

Dear Cindy, I had thought with 1 bee I stay still, but with a swarm of bees I should run for my life, and 50m is all I need to run, as bees cannot fly too far, they have little stamina!! Let's imagine a swarm of bees coming my way..and I stay still.. and one bee decides to "kiss" me.. and I  ...that would not be a nice picture!  On another thought, I can go into savasana, still and motionless, is this a better alternative?  Namaste

tourist
Posted 2007-01-26 6:55 PM (#75384 - in reply to #75339)

Expert Yogi

As we are on page 10, it would be a good time to think of a new title for the next thread - or maybe the same title with II attached?
tssundaram_80
Posted 2007-01-28 10:30 AM (#75481 - in reply to #72290)

Cyndi:- In one of your earlier posts in this forum, I have seen your making a reference to Methi or Fenugreek tea. May I know as to how this tea is prepared please?. I am a regular user of Methi as seeds as well as, as leaves in fairly good quantities. As you might know, fenugreek contains a lot of iron and calcium apart from other essentials such as Lecithin and high content of Vitamins. Excellant for diabetics. Hope to hear from you. Thanks. T.S.Sundaram.
Cyndi
Posted 2007-01-28 3:15 PM (#75511 - in reply to #75481)

Expert Yogi

Good Afternoon Tssundaram,

Your asking me how to make Methi Tea???  I'm so surprised.  This is what I use at the very beginning of a cold/or flu (it will make you sweat when a fever is present) or when my joints are sore from doing too much Hot Bikram Yoga,   Methi is also good for dysentary and is good for women who are feeding babies breast milk, it purifies the milk and strengthens a woman after giving childbirth.

There are a couple of ways to do this. You can simply steep several Methi seeds in Boiling Water, then drink as a tea.  Or you can dry out the seeds and leaves, then make a powder, using a Mortar.  Then make tea out of the powder.  We use Methi in most of our cooking vegetable dishes, especially when cooking green leafy vegetables.

Another interesting aspect of Methi is that it is capable of repelling insects.  In your country it is fed to cows and horses.  I wonder if I can try it on my horse this summer if the flies get bad??

bstqltmkr
Posted 2007-01-28 6:13 PM (#75536 - in reply to #72290)

I'm back I think. Everything seems to be working out okay. It was kind of weird when I got back here, it seems I've been logged in for days. Oops, I suppose that could get annoying, I couldn't seem to help it though. I had some honey with my chamomile tea the other day, very yummy. And I slept well that night.

I haven't had any time for practice the last two days, and I'm really missing it. If I can't get in a good practice before lunch, lately it seems it just won't happen. I can get myself to do a few things later on, but not get a full practice in. So, tomorrow for sure it will have to happen. It will be a relief. Hope everyone is doing well, Shelly
tssundaram_80
Posted 2007-01-29 8:14 AM (#75602 - in reply to #72290)

bstqltmkr:-

Glad to see you in the forum with your mail of 29th, today's date. Hope you must have had a full practice and enjoyed it too. Best Regards. T.S.Sundaram.
tssundaram_80
Posted 2007-01-29 8:23 AM (#75605 - in reply to #72290)

judamom:-

I know you are busy with your piano lessons. We met last, on 26th inst with your mail # 75190. Hope every thing is fine at your end. Time flies and January 2007 is getting over. Best Regards.
T. S. Sundaram.
zzzuluwarrior
Posted 2007-01-29 9:28 AM (#75627 - in reply to #75605)
Subject: asanas and dosha

Hi All
i have been preparing for a move. That took time and forces me to get organized, not a strong trait of mine. Hence the absence. It's so wonderful really all your posts and learning so much about honey and bees.

Yoga practice has been put aside, i am embarassed to admit.

Recently I read something about different asanas for different doshas. Anyone know something about this? Would love to learn more if anyone care to share.

Namaste

zzzulu
tssundaram_80
Posted 2007-01-29 10:45 AM (#75642 - in reply to #72290)

zzzuluwarrior:-

Nice to see you and hear your voice after a very very long time.I hope every thing has gone off well with you all these days. Your putting aside Asanas may not be without reason. For a temporary period,I suppose.

Ayurveda branch of medical treatments are based on Three Doshas, Vatha, pitha and Kapha. English translation of these doshas and other details , if I am able to get I shall let you know.

Please be marking your attendance by a one line mail once in a way. Best Wishes. T.S.Sundaram.
bstqltmkr
Posted 2007-01-29 11:33 AM (#75654 - in reply to #72290)

I have to agree Tssundaram, it is so good to be hearing from everyone. Today I returned to my mat for an excellent practice session, which was like a return to the living. I feel awesome now, strong and prepared for life. I wonder what is going on in my mind when I don't make it a priority. Of course I've been through unmotivated times, I'm sure I will again, but I have to keep this feeling in my mind to get me going through those times.

I have to ask, is it just me, or does it just sound wrong for a vegetarian to say they're craving a good pigeon? Today I can see beauty all around, Shelly
judamom
Posted 2007-02-04 6:37 AM (#76301 - in reply to #75605)

TSSundaram--not only the piano lessons but I had company for a week. I took him to the airport yesterday and intend to get back to normal. We had so much good conversation, I loved the visit. This is a friend with the same approach to life as my own so it is always very good to spend some time together. Piano lessons are going well also. As I have spent five years teaching myself this has added a "push" to practice more and thus move at a faster pace. The more I advance, the better I play and the more enjoyable it becomes. I love classical music, and sitting down to play for myself is very enjoyable. Now I will get back to my normal routine with diet and exercise.......it is always good to get a "shake up" once in awhile by a breaking of routine, for me. It causes me to reexamine why I do things the way I do.......is it habitual living or purposeful living. I will have to give it more thought. All friends, I hope everyone is healthy and happy. Namaste Judamom