Master Cleansing
Miabella704
Posted 2005-10-04 6:32 PM (#33674)
Subject: Master Cleansing

I'm really, really interested in purchasing the Master Cleanse kit and doing the fast/cleansing for ten days. Has anyone here had any experience with this? I would kind of like to know what I'm getting into and if there are any warnings.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
anya sharvani
Posted 2005-10-04 6:53 PM (#33677 - in reply to #33674)
Subject: RE: Master Cleansing

a cheaper yet just as effective route would be to eat raw for a coupla days,(lots of high fiber fruits and veggies)  drink pysillum 2x a day and/or take in some flax oil.

you could also get 100% cranberry juice (really sour) and mix x of that with a gallon of water, and finish the gallon throughout the day.

some of the "kits" have pills that contain herbs, and though the herbs may not be dangerous you never realy know the concentration of active ingredient in them. could be a miniscule amount then you'd be wasting money. just my 2 cents.

Miabella704
Posted 2005-10-04 7:54 PM (#33680 - in reply to #33674)

http://www.humblebeehealth.com/en-us/dept_1.html

Here's the info. I have thought about a do it myself juice/water fast. This just sounds so effective.
anya sharvani
Posted 2005-10-04 9:33 PM (#33687 - in reply to #33674)

I am a skeptic at heart. it sounds effective because they are selling it to you. it's just stuff you can buy in the store and do yourself. cayenne, lemon, pepermint tea, and maple syrup. big whoop. plus shipping!

besides, where are all the scientific studies backing up what they are saying? I know I am bursting yur bubble a little here but i tend not to believe advertisments in general. if you want it, go for it.

this looks more effective anyway: www.colonblow.com

anya

BTW, I have no idea why that bug eyed smiley popped up in my first post. strange.

Edited by anya sharvani 2005-10-04 9:35 PM

Miabella704
Posted 2005-10-04 10:15 PM (#33688 - in reply to #33674)

I know what you mean. That's why I'm on here asking you and anyone else to help me not make a compulsive decision about this. People will say anything to make a buck.
I really need a good cleaning out. I'm scared of a do-it-yourself fast. I'd rather follow a tried and proven formulaic way.
I'm hoping someone on here has some good suggestions. If you don't do the detox/fast right the toxins can move to a different part of your body or not leave at all.
What about colonics? Anyone know about those? I used to work at a health food store and people swore by them.
anya sharvani
Posted 2005-10-04 10:27 PM (#33690 - in reply to #33688)

Miabella704 - 2005-10-04 10:15 PM I know what you mean. That's why I'm on here asking you and anyone else to help me not make a compulsive decision about this. People will say anything to make a buck. I really need a good cleaning out. I'm scared of a do-it-yourself fast. I'd rather follow a tried and proven formulaic way.

I don't see where Master cleanse is tried or proven.

I'm hoping someone on here has some good suggestions. If you don't do the detox/fast right the toxins can move to a different part of your body or not leave at all.

What? where do they go? I have never heard of this. what toxins? if there in your colon they can only go but one way.

What about colonics? Anyone know about those? I used to work at a health food store and people swore by them.

I am telling you, fiber. it's cheap, it's natural, it comes in yummy forms and it IS proven. green apples, plain oatmeal, raw foods and cranberry juice.

Edited by anya sharvani 2005-10-04 10:28 PM
Miabella704
Posted 2005-10-05 1:57 AM (#33703 - in reply to #33674)

No, I'm sure there is a huge buildup of crap I've eaten in the past, like red meat, just rotting in my colon. I used to smoke and drink and eat terribly. I am vegetarian now and I eat plenty of fiber. I'm having problems with my colon and stomach and have been for some time. I don't want to go to the doctor and have them feed me prescription drugs, which is what they will do. I want to try something to just clean everything out.I've just heard rumors that these types of cleansings make you feel lighter, less bloated, increase metabolism, etc. All I'm asking is if anyone on here, obviously not you, has tried this product or process and how did it make them personally. If you have not tried this then I'm not asking for your opinion. If I wanted just anyone's off the street opinion I'd corner a street vagrant and get their's. It would probably be just about as accurate.
And, by the way, there are plenty of toxins built up in our bodies, even if you live a pristine life, which most of us don't. How do I know this? Well, I found out from the same people who weaned me off a three year daily antibiotic regimen I was on for chronic urinary tract infections. I haven't had a urinary tract infection for two years. I was averaging every 6-8 weeks even on the daily dose of meds.
tinyone
Posted 2005-10-05 2:42 AM (#33705 - in reply to #33674)

Never done it myself but my cousin did do a master cleanse...she fouind the recipe and diet on the web somewhere. It was the whole lemon juice and hot water and maple syrup thing. I don't know specifics but she felt much lighter afterward. I do know people that swear by the benzonite (sp?) clay thing that removes all of the decayingmatter from your colon. I haven't tried it but boy have I seen pictures of my friends "results". Bizarre but when all was expelled she felt lighter and almost high....something that she compared to an adreneline rush. I am so tempted to try something like you are wanting to do because after quitting many bad habits myself, I would like to start again with a cleaner slate! Let me know what oyu decide to do ...I am curious.
anya sharvani
Posted 2005-10-05 7:35 AM (#33708 - in reply to #33674)

no need to get snarky. you asked for opinions, i gave mine, i didn't know it had to be what you wanted to hear. if you want to buy something off a internet pop up, and injest it,go ahead.

FWIW, in the society we live in we will always ingest pollutants, you can ever fully detoxify your body. also, i have seen convincing scientific arguments that over use of cleanse kits, colonics and intense fasts can actually upset the normal rythms of the body and exacerbate problems.

I would like to point out that my opinion would definitley be more accurate than a street vagrants.

Edited by anya sharvani 2005-10-05 7:40 AM

Miabella704
Posted 2005-10-05 7:43 AM (#33709 - in reply to #33674)

Miabella704 - 2005-10-04 6:32 PM

I'm really, really interested in purchasing the Master Cleanse kit and doing the fast/cleansing for ten days. Has anyone here had any experience with this? I would kind of like to know what I'm getting into and if there are any warnings.

This post was addressed to anyone who has personally tried this product. It was not simply an opinion poll.

And what the h**l does "snarky" mean? LOL!!!!!
Orbilia
Posted 2005-10-05 9:00 AM (#33715 - in reply to #33708)

I've just been checking the site I use for reading scientific papers. The general concensus seems to be that a healthy diet with sufficient fibre (soluble and insoluble) and a low stress lifestyle/personality/outlook should result in a healthy digestive system provided that you don't have an underlying condition (weak sphincters, cancers, diverticulitis, sluggish peristaltic action, etc).

I have suffered from IBS in the past and the ****y digestive system you describe is somewhat familiar to me in my low-aggro phases of IBS. It may be that previous infections, antibiotics, diet, etc have left your natural flora a bit off-balance. Have you tried eating a live yogurt or yougurt drink each day (I am, of course, assuming you include dairy :-) )? I think there are also vegan-friendly pro-biotic supplements available too?

IMO if you are fasting/cleansing for the first time it may be wise to consider doing this at a retreat or similar location under expert guidance.

Fee

Miabella704
Posted 2005-10-05 9:26 AM (#33716 - in reply to #33674)

You two may have a point. Snarky? Don't take me the wrong way. For some reason I come off as gruff on the internet. I actually have a great, off color, sense of humor. I do appreciate the input, actually.

I am a bit skeptical about these cleansing "detox" things. I'm even more skeptical about someone putting a hose up my tailpipe multiple times to clean everything out by force. I am just trying to find natural therapies that can help me.

You know, I can't find very many yogurts that don't contain gelatin. As a vegetarian, I don't eat gelatin. Everyone is adding gelatin to yogurt now to make it "creamier". I do need something. I'm also getting recurrent yeast infections. I'm just a big ol' mess and I'm only in my thirties. I'm really not ready to start falling apart just yet.
GreenJello
Posted 2005-10-05 10:07 AM (#33720 - in reply to #33703)

Miabella704 - 2005-10-05 1:57 AMNo, I'm sure there is a huge buildup of crap I've eaten in the past, like red meat, just rotting in my colon. I used to smoke and drink and eat terribly. I am vegetarian now and I eat plenty of fiber. I'm having problems with my colon and stomach and have been for some time. I don't want to go to the doctor and have them feed me prescription drugs, which is what they will do.

Okay, this bothers me a bit.  Most doctors are not perfect, but they usually have a decent understanding of human anatomy, or at least enough to be able to determine if there's something grossly wrong with you.  Western medicine is very good at fixing physical problems, and they should be able to at least confirm your theory.  I think I'd go to the doctors office anyway, but maybe look for one that specializes in homeopathic or natural remedies.  If you can't find one like that, go anyway.  You don't actually have to take the pills if you don't want, and it's perfectly fine to disagree with the doctor.  As long as it doesn't cost too much, it can't hurt.
Orbilia
Posted 2005-10-05 10:37 AM (#33723 - in reply to #33716)

Regarding the geletin issue. Perhaps you could write to a couple of yogurt manufacturers explaining the problem for vegetarians and seeing if they produce a range suitable for you? They should also be able to tell you if there is a supplier local to you.

I'm in the UK and my local supermarket carries a number of vegetarian suitable pro-biotic yogurt and yogurt drinks (these are marked with a V).

As I mentioned earlier, I think there are pro-biotic supplements you can add to your regular food too now. Certainly my vet recently gave me some for my cat after he'd been on nearly a month of antibiotics to treat an anal abcess. If they're available for pets, I should think there's some out there for humans?

The recuring yeast infections are a classic post-antibiotic problem. I've found eating the live yogurt from day one of a course of tablets prevents my getting them. On the worst occassion, I even got dandruff in my eyebrows, let alone the ol' feminine itch problem (thrush)!

Plain, live yogurt can also be applied directly to the skin to sooth and cure fungal infections (jumbo pot-fulls whilst sat in the bath is the easiest method of application).

On the same science site I mentioned earlier, there was also a paper on he use of of psyllis over a number of days prior to a colonoscopy in the hope it would improve visibility. Contrary to expectations, the results actually indicated a little greater retention of fecal matter and lower visibility!

Fee

Edited by Orbilia 2005-10-05 10:45 AM
tourist
Posted 2005-10-05 10:45 AM (#33725 - in reply to #33720)

Expert Yogi

I've done a cleanse with expensive stuff from a naturopath and I honestly believe the idea of eating raw, drinking lots of something nice like cranberry juice or lemon with maple syrup or good honey would be just as effective. I also have serious digestive issues. It did help and I did feel much lighter - for a little while. I have recetnly found that eatin oatmeal and flax meal (I grind it in my coffee grinder) has a similar effect and is a heck of a lot cheaper. Not only that but it is something I can maintain over months and not feel deprived.

The cleanse also made me feel very tired and drained (common, I hear) which is maybe why it is often suggested to do them while on retreat so you can get good rest and get other treatments to help.

Digestive: the things I have found most beneficial are regular practice, inversions, twists and supported back bends. I am not cured in any sense but have essentially no IBS type symptoms and am able to manage the reflux much, MUCH better.
anya sharvani
Posted 2005-10-05 10:47 AM (#33726 - in reply to #33674)

i have been doing a LOT of research on goats milk yogurt(for my holistic nutrition class). it seems a lot of the issues with dairy can be solved with goats milk alternative.

for instance, GM is more like human milk, has almost no lactose(which is the allergen i believe) higher grade vitamin A, has inherent antibodies (used by third world countries to cure tuberculosis) and is more digestable.

www.redwoodhillfarm.com  has no gelatin. and the goats are really wel treated.(unlike most dairy co's treat the cows) as a vegan, i would feel comfortable with this company.

ETA: i am the queen of snarky. Pumpkinhead makes me do it.

Edited by anya sharvani 2005-10-05 10:51 AM
Orbilia
Posted 2005-10-05 10:59 AM (#33727 - in reply to #33725)

Cranberry juice has been shown in clinical trials to be an effective means of treating cystitis. This may indicate that it alters the body's pH (I need to check this one out). As the optimal pH for ridding oneself of cystitis is dimetrically the opposite of that good for eliminating fungal infections, it's possible this may not help matters. However, it's not going to hurt to try and will be eliminated from the body quickly if it's not helping you.

Lemon juice is very cleansing and is one of natures disinfectants. As your flora may be a bit off kilter at the moment, it's possible that this should only be used after balance has been restored as you may not require any more of nature's little helpers killed off at the moment :-)?

Honey, IMO, is a must as lemons are just too sour on their own

The oatmeal effect is no surprise. There's plenty of evidence showing that many IBS sufferers improve after adding porridge to their diets as it's often a shortage of soluble fibre that needs rectifying and oats are a good source of this. Often IBS sufferers experience worsening symptoms after 'improving their diet' as they add bran which is a good source of insoluble fibre. The result is akin to swallowing razors as insoluble fibre irritate further the already inflammed epithelial tissue lining the gut wall.

Oats have also been used for centuries in skin soothing masks due to their anti-inflammatory properties.

I agree about the benefits of fasting at a retreat. If you feel your digestive issues are, in part, due to stress, the added benefit of going away would be to sign-on for some stress-busting activities.

From what I remember about a recent TV programme on an extreme coffee enema / fasting cleansing course, such practises can also release some fairly powerful emotions. I think this is one of the reasons novices are recommended to cleanse under expert guidance too.

Excellent post about the goat's milk yogurt :-) You could also consider investing in a home kit for making yogurt. That way you would be in control of the ingredients.

Fee

Edited by Orbilia 2005-10-05 11:04 AM

jeansyoga
Posted 2005-10-05 11:08 AM (#33728 - in reply to #33674)

Agree with the yogurt discussion - being on anti-biotics will definitely throw off your system! I believe Stonyfield Farms makes gelatin-free yogurt products, even smoothies. Also Kefir is a great pro-biotic, so I hear (haven't actually tried this, because I can barely choke down yogurt and kefir sounds truly gross). You can buy it at health food stores or make it at home, I'm told there are recipes online.

I tried the warm water + lemon + maple syrup + cayenne pepper route for a while. I did make it at home, though, I didn't know there was something you could buy. The flavor is strangely addictive! I can't say that it gave me a great deal of bowel comfort; things moved a bit more smoothly but it was not dramatic. I had some extremely bad habits too - lots of drinking, smoking, greasy food, caffiene, you name it. That's a lot to ask of a humble lemon slice and a dash of pepper.

For drama, you can try senna tea! Health food stores always have tons of different kinds, usually under the name "digestive ease" or "weight loss" tea. Japanese Slim Tea is a big brand for senna. My friend and I tried it and decided it should really be called Japanese Poo Tea because it REALLY makes you have to go! It actually made things move a bit too dramatically for my tastes. Regular diarrhea isn't too friendly for your system either.

I haven't had a colonic per se, but two colonoscopies that basically started out the same way. A big glass of castor oil or Fleet's Phosphosoda followed by a firm hosing out. Gotta clean that sucker out if you want to see clearly, right? Also had a lower G.I., like a colonic but using that creamy metallic fluid instead of water. Can't say that any of these experiences were pleasant or helpful in any way. Really they all made me feel exhausted and horrible. I'm sure a colonic is not so violent, because it's a therapy and not a medical procedure. I'm still not signing up!

For me, the only thing that honestly helped was increasing the fiber in my diet. A LOT. I rarely go a day without eating plenty of legumes, vegetables, fruit, whole grains (brown rice, ww pasta or bread), etc. Plenty more than the average person, but I had a lot of problems with digestion and that's the only thing that keeps things moving briskly. If I do go a day or two without enough fiber, I know it immediately.

Think about it this way: you didn't fill up your bowels with garbage overnight. So, trying to clean it out overnight is probably not going to be the solution you're hoping for. Sounds like you're leaving some of your old bad habits behind, which is great! Even if you still have bad habits, moving toward a clean, whole diet can only help. I still indulge in junk food, beer, and caffiene when the situation calls for it! But since 90% of my diet is clean now, the garbage moves right on through quite fast. Obviously it's still not ideal, but I think the overall impact to my body is not as bad as it could be (or once was).
Orbilia
Posted 2005-10-05 12:40 PM (#33733 - in reply to #33728)

Amazingly enough, cayenne pepper has a very soothing effect on temperamental intestines, contrary to all expectations :-).

The other spice I should have mentioned earlier is ginger. My mother could eat the crystalised form until it comes out of her ears so she shakes most of the sugar off by rolling a hand-full at a time in a sieve over the sink. I prefer ginger ale (not so strong as the beer).

Fee

Miabella704
Posted 2005-10-05 3:38 PM (#33753 - in reply to #33726)

anya sharvani - 2005-10-05 10:47 AM

i have been doing a LOT of research on goats milk yogurt(for my holistic nutrition class). it seems a lot of the issues with dairy can be solved with goats milk alternative.

for instance, GM is more like human milk, has almost no lactose(which is the allergen i believe) higher grade vitamin A, has inherent antibodies (used by third world countries to cure tuberculosis) and is more digestable.

www.redwoodhillfarm.com  has no gelatin. and the goats are really wel treated.(unlike most dairy co's treat the cows) as a vegan, i would feel comfortable with this company.

ETA: i am the queen of snarky. Pumpkinhead makes me do it.

You study holistic nutrition? Ok, you do have a respectable type of background to be dispensing advice. How awesome! I'd love to study nutrition but there are no programs in my locale.
And I hope you know I've used the term "snarky" today on two separate occasions ("Hunter sit down and do your homework!! Anymore snarkiness from you and you're grounded til Saturday!"). See? I've found new forms of it!

We should do an experiment. Five of us on here do the Master Cleanse thing and five (the control group) do just high fiber, etc. and see if there are differences in the results.
anya sharvani
Posted 2005-10-05 3:47 PM (#33754 - in reply to #33674)

if you are interested in holistic studies, this college has a distance program: www.achs.com

snarky is a great word. i wish i had made it up.

Edited by anya sharvani 2005-10-05 3:48 PM
Miabella704
Posted 2005-10-05 3:48 PM (#33755 - in reply to #33674)

You didn't make it up?? LOL!!! Just kidding!!! What is that, a Jersey thing? I'm from Baltimore and I've never heard it before. Guess it would do me well to crawl out from under that rock every now and again.
jeansyoga
Posted 2005-10-05 3:55 PM (#33757 - in reply to #33674)

My grandmother used to use snarky all the time, and she is from Pittsburgh. So of course my mom uses it all the time! She tells her dogs to quit being snarky all the time.

I, on the other hand, tend to use less colorful and less printable language!
Miabella704
Posted 2005-10-05 4:01 PM (#33760 - in reply to #33674)

Snarky is a great word. Pittsburgh? Must be something with your family. My parents now live in NE Ohio, near Pittsburgh. Still have never heard it before.

I'll tell you what. I'm going to get the garden hose out........just kidding. I'm going to actually go have a colonic therapy done and then I'll write a post about that worked out for me.
GreenJello
Posted 2005-10-05 6:03 PM (#33769 - in reply to #33754)

anya sharvani - 2005-10-05 3:47 PM

if you are interested in holistic studies, this college has a distance program: www.achs.com

Hmmm... link goes to one of those annoying portal/ad sites the cyber squaters use.  Trying other variations doesn't seem to help, what's the correct link?

jeansyoga
Posted 2005-10-05 6:13 PM (#33771 - in reply to #33674)

Try .edu
anya sharvani
Posted 2005-10-05 7:04 PM (#33775 - in reply to #33674)

Sorry! www.achs.edu

tourist
Posted 2005-10-05 7:45 PM (#33784 - in reply to #33775)

Expert Yogi

I always thought snarky was English because my English grandparents said it. But then again I have heard Brits say "sarky" as short for sarcastic.
anya sharvani
Posted 2005-10-05 8:49 PM (#33787 - in reply to #33784)

what do they say in canada? i am obsessed, you know.: )

in NJ we just swear. Jeansyoga would fit right in!

i don't want to hear about a colonic. really i don't.

anya sharvani
Posted 2005-10-05 9:51 PM (#33792 - in reply to #33733)

Orbilia - 2005-10-05 12:40 PM

Amazingly enough, cayenne pepper has a very soothing effect on temperamental intestines, contrary to all expectations :-).

The other spice I should have mentioned earlier is ginger. My mother could eat the crystalised form until it comes out of her ears so she shakes most of the sugar off by rolling a hand-full at a time in a sieve over the sink. I prefer ginger ale (not so strong as the beer).

Fee

you know, when I was little, anytime i had a cold my mom would make me drink a small amount of tomato juice with black pepper and cayanne in it..

I love ginger fresh with a pinch of salt.peppermint is good too, for the tummy.

Miabella704
Posted 2005-10-05 11:27 PM (#33797 - in reply to #33674)

You want a good drink? Mix beer with tomato juice and cayenne pepper sauce....yummy!

At first, I thought 'snarky' was British then I saw you were not British....hmmm. Of British descent? I'm Italian and Irish....we can take the paint off the walls with our bad mouths..lol.
tourist
Posted 2005-10-06 1:13 AM (#33804 - in reply to #33797)

Expert Yogi

Well, we say snarky in MY part of Canada. At least us old folks, do...

But you need to know that a really good drink is beer with V8 and salt on the rim
Miabella704
Posted 2005-10-06 2:27 AM (#33806 - in reply to #33674)

Yes, I do add salt and use V8. I was just trying to make it sound better. Most people look at me like I'm an alien when I make that drink. I've become a little self conscious about it.

I'm really surprised, Tourist, that you know of the V8 and beer combo. What part of Canada are you in? Canada is a beautiful place.
tourist
Posted 2005-10-06 9:59 AM (#33812 - in reply to #33806)

Expert Yogi

I am surprised that you are surprised. Canadians are world class beer drinkers

I live on the west coast. Canada IS a beautful place and I am privileged this year to be able to being seeing more of it. I was in New Brunswick in the spring (east coast, for those unfamiliar. You know, in case Dubya is lurking... ) and I'm going to Winnipeg, smack dab in the middle of the country, in a couple of weeks for my teaching assessment.
Orbilia
Posted 2005-10-06 10:02 AM (#33813 - in reply to #33792)

The drink sounds yummy. all it needs is a little vodka ;-)

Sarky is short for sarcastic here. When I first read snarky I thought, fabulous, a concatenation of snarly and sarcastic

Fee

Miabella704
Posted 2005-10-06 3:49 PM (#33840 - in reply to #33674)

I can make a pretty awesome homemade Bloody Mary with vodka, Fee. Yes, snarky is a great word. It's the latest addition to my vocab.

I'm one of those people who drink beer because of the taste. I love beer. I used to sneak sips out of my dad's when I was a kid because I enjoy the flavor. It's like liquid bread.

When I was a kid we'd go to Toronto or Niagara Falls and bring back cases of Molson beer and ale. Good stuff you've got up there!!!
jeansyoga
Posted 2005-10-06 3:49 PM (#33841 - in reply to #33674)
Subject: RE: increase your word pwr

I like to think of Michigan as Canada Jr.

My top three turn-ons are beer, hockey, and a dry sense of humor. Can I qualify as an honorary Canadian?

Since other people besides my grandmother use the term "snarky" I'm also wondering if anyone has called a pair of tennis shoes "tenny-runners"? Have you ever threatened to "smollergast" someone? Or has anyone ever threatened to "jump down your throat and gobble up your gummalums?"

And to think, my mother didn't want me reading Dr. Seuss when I was little because she didn't want me to learn a bunch of made-up words!
anya sharvani
Posted 2005-10-06 5:11 PM (#33848 - in reply to #33841)

jeansyoga - 2005-10-06 3:49 PM I like to think of Michigan as Canada Jr. My top three turn-ons are beer, hockey, and a dry sense of humor. Can I qualify as an honorary Canadian? Since other people besides my grandmother use the term "snarky" I'm also wondering if anyone has called a pair of tennis shoes "tenny-runners"? Have you ever threatened to "smollergast" someone? Or has anyone ever threatened to "jump down your throat and gobble up your gummalums?" And to think, my mother didn't want me reading Dr. Seuss when I was little because she didn't want me to learn a bunch of made-up words!

what does smollergast mean? i like that.

one of my favorite expressions is "chapped" as in, "it really gets me chapped when the students are late to class". I use it a lot. it's my line, and I get really chapped when other people use it.

it's best with the f-word before it for drama.

tourist
Posted 2005-10-06 7:31 PM (#33858 - in reply to #33848)

Expert Yogi

Jeans - Michigan is pretty close to Canada Jr. so I think we'll let you in as an honorary Canuck Out there you guys have weather that people think of as "Canadian" while I actually live in Canada and can only remember a scattering of winters where it was cold enough to skate on the lakes here. They don't call it the banana belt for nothing!

As for the weird expressions - yikes! New ones for me. One of my favourites, which I am begining to think is from the Maritimes is "jeezly." As in "You went to the tropical yoga retreat center and all you brought me was a jeezly little drink umbrella?"
GreenJello
Posted 2005-10-06 10:34 PM (#33866 - in reply to #33848)

anya sharvani - 2005-10-06 5:11 PM

it's best with the f-word before it for drama.

You mean fnord?
anya sharvani
Posted 2005-10-07 10:27 AM (#33886 - in reply to #33674)

yes. what other F word is there?
GreenJello
Posted 2005-10-07 1:07 PM (#33898 - in reply to #33674)

Futhur comes to mind.
*Fifi*
Posted 2005-10-07 3:11 PM (#33906 - in reply to #33674)

Some of these drink receipes sound interesting.

I think one of the best ways to "detox" is through sweating. It's easier on your body than colonics and prolonged cleanses/fasts. Make your largest organ, your skin, do it's job.

Colonic therapy was never mentioned in acupuncture/Chinese medicine school so I've done my own investigation since I've gotten colonics before. My own ancient Chinese doctor (who can cure anything, I swear!) is completely against colonics. He said the qi is going the wrong way when you get a colonic. Intestinal qi needs to go downwards. Plus, he warned that colonics can tear the intestinal tissue and can cause more toxicity in the body (since the fecal toxins can get into the blood stream). Actually, a similar and more common situation is people who have a heart condition must take antibiotics prior to having dental work done. The danger is yucky bacteria from the mouth getting into the bloodstream and making it's way to the heart. The gums, like the intestines, are prone to bleed easily.

I think eating "right" (which is different for everyone), wringing out the toxins through massage and/or yoga and a weekly sauna or two is your best bet.

~
Miabella704
Posted 2005-10-07 3:28 PM (#33907 - in reply to #33674)

I think you and Anya are right, Fifi. I've done some reading up on this. What I'm doing now is trying to eliminate soda and other dioxins from my diet and increase my water/green tea consumption as well as eating a lot more fiber.
The gym I used to go to had a sauna. That is an excellent way to rid the body of toxins through the skin. I'd also go sit in there for twenty minutes when I felt like I was coming down with something. You'd be amazed what a miracle cure raising the body temp is. If you create a "fever" when you are first getting a virus or cold it often kills it off right away.
*Fifi*
Posted 2005-10-07 5:29 PM (#33913 - in reply to #33674)

Yes, Mirabella! I wish the American culture included regular saunas. There used to be a Korean sauna place for women only about 10 yrs ago in Las Vegas. Most of the Korean ladies had annual memberships. I would just pay $20.00 to drop in. There was a lobby (where the fully clothed Korean ladies would drink tea), a locker room and the very interested, dimly lit, rock lined room with a dry sauna, a steam room, a hottub and 2 walls lined with showers and little stools. The Korean ladies would scrub themselves silly with loofas. I learned there's a temperature called "hot", then there's "Korean hot". I could not even get into the hottub b/c it was like a vat of boiling water.

It would be so cool to have a place like that to go to Friday's after work instead of happy hour at the bar.

Unfortunately, the owners changed it from all female to all male. Probably a front for prostitution now.
Miabella704
Posted 2005-10-07 5:54 PM (#33914 - in reply to #33674)

That sauna place sounds heavenly!! What a great way to unwind after a long week. Brings to mind the baths of ancient Roman cities.
"Korean hot" sounds like the way I take my baths! That's one of the reasons exercise wards off infections. It's important to raise your body temperature, through activity or baths/saunas, a few times a week.
*Fifi*
Posted 2005-10-07 6:41 PM (#33915 - in reply to #33674)

Have you ever tried Dr. Singha's Mustard Bath Soak? It's sooooo yummy for hot baths. The products says the mustard helps the body to eliminate toxins in the bath.

http://drsingha.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=29

(There's an upscale version of the Korean spa in Japantown in SF. Again, you pay a drop in fee and can lounge around all day. Some women would bring books to read while on the lounge chairs. I would think that would be a good business but you don't really see spas like that around town, do you?)
tourist
Posted 2005-10-07 7:20 PM (#33920 - in reply to #33914)

Expert Yogi

I feel extremely lucky and spoiled to have that great big hot tub on my deck If I had to choose though, I would have a sauna. A friend is currently building a steam room. May try that some time. I have heard about Korean hot (I presume it is the same as Japanese hot) from a friend who went to a spa with a Japanese bath She suggested that they just throw in a few carrots, onions and potatoes and call it soup!
trick
Posted 2005-11-11 2:06 AM (#36335 - in reply to #33674)

Hi - I just got off the phone with my old college buddy who is a holistic doctor these days in Sonoma, but did his med school at Duke. We are both growing very skeptical. He thinks he may have been hoodwinked, in fact. He and his wife spent 2000 bucks in Hawaii doing colonics.

He did an excellent job of convincing me to carry out a colonic. Skeptical, I searched the web for photos of mucoid plaque and other nasties living in my nether regions. Then we met for dinner one night and, like a drug deal going down, he even took me to his car to show me the system I'd have to build to do a home colonic. So I built my own "system." It was easy. It took me twenty minutes. 5 gallon paint bucket, valve, nut, tube, and then a tip that my buddy actually gave me (meant i didn't have to order 50 online). I drilled a hole, put a rubber washer on each side and screwed a nut onto the valve. Voila.

After pumping 80 gallons of water into my gut, I have seen nothing extraordinary. I just see my lunch again, after only a few hours. I called him to complain. He promised day 3 would be a very interesting day. Day four even more so.

To make a long story short, we're starting to think that those ropes you see on the internet are a hoax. We think they may be psylium husk (often mixed with benzonite clay) that has gelled in the colon, just like it would, if it were left on the counter top overnight.

Tomorrow, I'm headed to the store to get psylium. Until now, I haven't used it. I've just been using the water. 20 gallons a day makes psylium moot anyway. However, we suspect that when I consume the psylium, I will begin to see the ropes. If anyone cares, I'll keep you posted. Let me know.

At this stage, while I'm not ready to conclude anything, I'm feeling pretty good about my colon's abilities. Ciao for now.
Cyndi
Posted 2005-11-11 10:19 AM (#36349 - in reply to #36335)

Expert Yogi

Trick, this is BS and very dangerous!!!!
*Fifi*
Posted 2005-11-11 1:14 PM (#36364 - in reply to #33674)

Cyndi is right.

I think Bikram yoga is cleansing enough, don't you guys think so?
GreenJello
Posted 2005-11-11 2:08 PM (#36367 - in reply to #36364)

*Fifi* - 2005-11-11 1:14 PMCyndi is right. I think Bikram yoga is cleansing enough, don't you guys think so?

My buttock is marked "Exit Only"!
*Fifi*
Posted 2005-11-11 2:16 PM (#36371 - in reply to #33674)

Good plan!
trick
Posted 2005-11-11 6:17 PM (#36389 - in reply to #33674)

Well, I haven't made it to the store yet to get the psylium. As far as dangerous goes, I don't think it goes into the extremely dangerous category. I mean sure, it could be, if done in a horribly reckless fashion. But then, so could eating fish - watch out for bones! . Using gravity to carry out a colonic isn't going to put much stress on your colon. Water goes in slowly and comes out slowly. That's it. Hey, don't get me wrong - as I said, I'm beginning to think this whole colonics thing is a scam, and frankly, most of this cleansing stuff. But, nothing wrong with a little research to help figure stuff out, rather than just drawing baseless conclusions. We'll see. More later.
Miabella704
Posted 2005-11-12 10:18 AM (#36407 - in reply to #33674)

I decided to forgo the colonic and take everyone's advice and it's worked out great. I increased my water and fiber intake and cut back on eating, altogether. My digestive system is working wonderfully now and I didn't have to sandblast my colon! That makes me a very happy girl!
GreenJello
Posted 2005-11-12 4:03 PM (#36428 - in reply to #36389)

trick - 2005-11-11 6:17 PMHey, don't get me wrong - as I said, I'm beginning to think this whole colonics thing is a scam, and frankly, most of this cleansing stuff.

Yeah, the only cleansing rituals I've heard of that seem to make sense is fasting.  The neti pot is good, but I'd put it in the same ball park as brushing your teeth.
kulkarnn
Posted 2005-11-12 11:04 PM (#36453 - in reply to #33674)

There is NO thing like Fasting for cleansing. Actually, in an absolute sense, that is the only cleansing for physical side. However, it has to be done properly, and preferably under supervision if it is a long term.

neel kulkarni
www.authenticyoga.org
Miabella704
Posted 2005-11-13 1:23 PM (#36463 - in reply to #33674)

Do you recommend complete fasting with just water consumption or "juice fasting"? When I worked for a coupla years at a health food store a coworker of mine would fast for ten days consuming nothing but fresh pressed fruit and vegetable juice. Seemed to work just fine for her. I'd like to fast but I want to make sure I do it right.
kulkarnn
Posted 2005-11-13 9:32 PM (#36485 - in reply to #33674)

I recommend the following:

a) if you are doing the fast on your own, first read 'Fasting Can Save Your Life' by Dr. Shelton.

b) if you are going to do fast on your own, then start doing one day at a time without any food and only with water. This should be done once in a while only, say once a fortnight or once a week. If you feel good and develop sufficient experience, and confidence, say for 6 months at least, then try two days at a time, say for another six months. Once you develop confidence of 5 days at a time, then think of going more.

c) If you are not thinking to do it on your own, or you are thinking to do more than 5 days without previous experience as given in b) above, then you must consider supervised fasting.

d) If all this is not possible, or you do not feel confident to do without food (that is only with water) then, do with juice, extracted fresh at home or just suck the juice out of fruit and throw the fiber out.

e) During fasting, you may or may need a good amount of rest. That depends on what your current situation is.

f) If all above seems complex, then you must do it under supervision only for first few Years.

Neel Kulkarni
www.authenticyoga.org
Orbilia
Posted 2005-11-14 5:48 AM (#36497 - in reply to #36407)

That's great news Miabella!

I've recently taken uo stage 1 Jala Neti and have seen improvement in my life-long tendency toward sinusitis.

Fee
Miabella704
Posted 2005-11-14 9:00 PM (#36598 - in reply to #33674)

"f) If all above seems complex, then you must do it under supervision only for first few Years."

Can you come over and supervise? Just kidding! Actually, thanks for the advice and support. If and when I do the fast I'll know who to go to for help with any issues that come up.
Will my skin get blotchy or anything like that?

kulkarnn
Posted 2005-11-14 11:40 PM (#36608 - in reply to #33674)

No. Supervision of fasting has to be done by the person who has already supervised fasting people in a large number, let us say for 10 years and say 1000 or more people. Now, if thousand is not available, then at least 100s. And, at least the person himself/herself should have done some fasting. ha ha ha.

Supervision of fasting is NOT to be done by a Yoga Teacher.

Anyway, just for info, I did all the steps except supervised fasting given above. And, in 1998, just before my Yoga School was opened, I had done 25 days fasting on Water (with some Tea which had milk and sugar) each day. And, I did not take any special rest, as I did never feel tired in that.

But, on the other hand, I did NOT do any long fast after the above period, because, I never thought I needed.

In other words, do NOT come to me for Supervised Fasting. If you want a Yoga Whip, it is always ready.

Neel Kulkarni
www.authenticyoga.org
Cyndi
Posted 2005-11-15 10:15 PM (#36677 - in reply to #36608)

Expert Yogi

I just want to add that what Neel is saying is totally correct. For my own personal fasts.. I do half day fasts at least 3, sometimes 4 times a week. All I do is drink water and chai and then have one meal later in the afternoon, that's it. I also do all day fasts in between these times. I find that if I do this, I feel so much healthier and I get more energy from the fast. You would be so surprised at how much energy your body has to go through to digest food. This is the reason that these so called *master cleansing's* are so bad, because they traumatize your body at an alarming rate that is not good for your internal organs - all of them, heart, kidney's, liver, gallbladder, stomach etc. You cannot keep them balanced and in harmony when you do some of these so called techniques...you can however be very patient with yourself and do the slow fasting's which is the same thing if not better - period. Also, when you fast, you eliminate Ama from your body which is a type of sediment and its created by combining foods improperly, things your body cannot eliminate, etc. - it's an Ayurvedic term. It's like *engine sludge* in a car, so to speak,
Miabella704
Posted 2005-11-17 6:09 PM (#36809 - in reply to #33674)

Thanks, Cyndi. I never thought of doing a half day fast. That would be a great way to get into fasting slowly.

Posted 2006-01-28 11:06 PM (#42252 - in reply to #33674)

i'm gearing up for a ten day master cleanse on monday.
its kinda a new years resolution, and the time is right because i'm out of food...
my friend libby just finished, and she had a really good experience.

if i can go seven days, i think i'd be satisfied, but ten is my goal, y'know?
us yogis have some strange health practices.
but i find "normal" health practices to be much stranger.
kulkarnn
Posted 2006-01-30 10:34 AM (#42366 - in reply to #33674)

hey Dhanura:
Do not forget to take extra rest during the master cleansing. Otherwise, you shall spoil master's premises.

Posted 2006-01-30 11:05 AM (#42369 - in reply to #42366)

any suggestions on asana/sequencing to practice while fasting?
i certainly plan on toning down my usual vigorous routine, and i would like to practice asana to help me cleanse my guts.
i could certainly look for those myself, but if anyone has suggestion for pointing me in proper direction, it would be greatly appreciated.
Cyndi
Posted 2006-01-30 12:04 PM (#42377 - in reply to #42369)

Expert Yogi

I just have a question?? What is the goal of this type of cleansing and what kinds of things are you going to do?? Like, are you going to eat anything at all?? I'm with Neel on this one, I think rest is more important than doing any asana's. Besides, if you've never done anything like this before, your body may go into shock and therefore, resting would be the best thing to do, not Yoga Asana's. 10 days seems like way too much. I hope you have a way of keeping yourself cleansed afterwards, otherwise it would seem like a waste of time and efforts.

Posted 2006-01-30 4:33 PM (#42393 - in reply to #42377)

as you are well aware cyndi, everything works if you let it...

you don't totally abstain from consuming nutrition. you drink this concoction of spring water, fresh lemon juice, cayenne pepper and grade b or c maple syrup.
here is a good website: http://www.falconblanco.com/health/cleansing/lemoncleanse.htm
the lemon and cayenne loosen and purge toxins out of your system, while the maple syrup keeps your blood sugar up.
anyways, i've done this before, so i know about what to expect.
as for my goals? cleansing toxins out of my joints and muscles is pretty near the top, and purifying my mind from all the crazy crap thats been jumping around there recently...

10 days is actually the prescribed minimum for this diet. it is not uncommon for people to go over. generally 40 days is the limit...generally...
during this time, myself and others usually report increased energy levels, and ability to work deeper in asana. once the digestion process turns off, all that energy is redirected to other bodily systems (as i understand).
also, during this time, toxins are much more susceptible to purging, which is why i am curious about asanas that will help do that...

other activities for fasting include: meditation, reading, cleaning my house, schoolwork, sega, walking around outside (why isn't it cold?), conversing with friends, NOT smoking weed, bathing, resting and pondering the difference between romantic and universal love...

i'd say i have my plate full...

Edited by dhanurasana 2006-01-30 4:35 PM
Cyndi
Posted 2006-01-30 7:27 PM (#42410 - in reply to #42393)

Expert Yogi

Well, it definitely sounds interesting. I don't think I could do it according to your outlined plan though, which means my body wouldn't let it, I would need something less extreme, then maybe I would consider it. I would also want a guide and someone there to hold my hand if doing it that long again. I've been on fasts like these and didn't do so well after I came off. I ended up looking like a skeleton when I was done, it was hard to eat afterwards and my body literally cut me off of food. I thought I could live on air, You know that women are the best fasters didn't you???

However, I did read Yoga journal's article this month about a woman and her husband who was at this fasting retreat somewhere in Spain. Very interesting. She stayed on the fast for I think only 5 days and called it quits. I loved the article, it was good. All about how she respected herself for NOT going though the entire time allotted for the fast and for honoring herself for coming off and doing it for the short time that she did. Even though the others at the fast retreat gave her the cold shoulder for quitting, like UGH, that is the worst part...dealing with PEOPLE like that, !!!

If I were to do such a fast, I would definitely not be able to perform certain duites, such as household cleaning, the dog, the barking parrot who yells at me, no children allowed, dealing with my business and the outside world. Yep, I would need a retreat type place to hang out, like Costa Rica or Spain, My liver would do a major upsurge and it would make me terribly cranky if I had the normal things going on. I think I would also want to do Tui Na's and Acupuncture to help balance me as I went along, is that cheating??? Then, I would probably want to do some asana's. I would need restorative postures I think. Probably a Bikram series every 3 or 4 days wouldn't hurt to maybe balance things out, WITHOUT ANY HEAT THOUGH, Then I would need to reconstruct a plan to get me back to eating again.

Anyway, good luck. Don't over do it and be safe.
kulkarnn
Posted 2006-01-30 10:44 PM (#42426 - in reply to #33674)

dhanurasana:
I do not have right to state it so emphatically. But, since you are a sincere yoga student:

I wish to state that taking cayenne pepper is a ridiculous thing out of all you mentioned. You shall find that if you exclude it, you will even find it better for you. All others are OK, actually maple syrup is not needed too. But, cayenne pepper, that is rubbish.

I thought you were just going to fast.

Posted 2006-01-30 11:07 PM (#42432 - in reply to #42426)

neel:
i appreciate and value your opinion. really!
the master cleanse calls for lemon, maple syrup, cayenne pepper and water. i suppose it is inaccurate to say that i am fasting if i am taking this concoction.
i'm no molecular biologist, so i can't say what exactly this is doing for me/to me. however, it has been effective in the past. this system is what i'm doing, so i'll take what it recommends.

i'm certainly open to trying fasting, though. i would need to learn more about it. other than you just stop eating....

also, why is cayenne pepper rubbish? the book states that it "breaks up mucus and increases warmth by building the blood. it also adds many of the b and c vitamins."
with utmost respect, i ask for explanation.
Cyndi
Posted 2006-01-31 10:12 AM (#42463 - in reply to #42432)

Expert Yogi

Dhanurasana,

Did you read that article in YJ, Feb. Issue that I mentioned previously?? You really should read it. It's called "Purity in Portugal", page P.45 under Travel. This was a 14-day juice fast, but vegetable broth at night. Lots of yoga, meditation, chanting, ab massages and in a retreat type setting. Actually, I think I would like something like this...then to go out afterwards and eat Spanish food...yummy!! I would want to be there for a month to recoup.

Posted 2006-01-31 10:35 AM (#42469 - in reply to #42463)

i did not read that article. however i would certainly like to.
my yoga journal subscription should have started coming months ago, but those school magazine sales are just so unreliable...

i like the idea of doing my cleanse while still engaged in my day to day life. it really pushes me out of the box (even further), and gives me a new perspective to look at my bizarre (?) routines.

incidentally, i quart of lukewarm saltwater is much more appetizing after not having eaten for a day...

i'll check that article out, cyndi, thanks!
kulkarnn
Posted 2006-02-01 3:36 PM (#42604 - in reply to #33674)

dhanurasana wrote: also, why is cayenne pepper rubbish? the book states that it "breaks up mucus and increases warmth by building the blood. it also adds many of the b and c vitamins."
with utmost respect, i ask for explanation.

Cayenne pepper is rubbish because it contains poison which is acidic which system has to rid off quickly, otherwise it irritates the mucus lining of the entire digestive canal, and also blood vessels if finds way into the blood. Cayenne pepper does not break mucus. It irritates the mucus lining. Mucus lining sends fluid to keep the cayenne pepper away from itself. This fluid also releases the thicker mucus if there is any on the mucus lining. Next, CP does not increase any warmth. The blood flow is increased in order to increase the fluid excretion, getting rid of cayenne from the blood into urine and out, and through sweat if necessary, and all possible ways. So, the feeling of warmth comes, but the purpose is to remove CP. Thus, the body energy wasted for removing CP, because CP does not build body. Yes, CP has vitamins and so does many other things such as feces from various animals. Everything contains vitamins. But, the negative effect of CP supercedes any absorption of these vitamins. In fact, absorption is hindered as CP is removed expressly. These vitamins can be obtained from orange, kiwi, bananas, which are NOT poisonous.

The program which contains CP is ridiculous because it is based on immediate feeling of warmth and comfort at the cost of big damage.

Peace

Posted 2006-02-03 12:27 AM (#42744 - in reply to #33674)
Subject: cleansing update

if anyone is curious as to how my fast/cleansing is going (or even if not) read on...
its the end of day 4, and i feel really good. i have no lack of energy (especially in the mornings), and do not feel hungry. thinking about food makes me want to eat it, but that is more mental than physical. i experience some emotional lows in the evenings, but those dissipate with meditation. that seems to be the only negative, but release of complex, negative emotions is part of cleansing, i believe.
I am more in touch with my body now than probably ever in my life. I can feel muscles seperately from all the muscles surrounding them. they are releasing tension with ease. asana has become easier than before. its nice not having to worry about a full stomach, and being able to practice whenever i please.
my mind is clear, and i am able to meditate for longer than before (still not very long ). i haven't smoked weed, and have little desire to do so. i am achieving the mental clarity that i sought out to find. i am striking blows against long held patterns of thought/egocentrism, and can sense changes and progress (mental and physical) that will continue after i start eating food again.
a lot of these things i mentioned are probably common to any sort of fast or cleanse, but i would need to do further experimentation to confirm or deny. doing this cleanse seriously makes me want to try various other cleansing techniques for my digestive organs. i hear they can be quite powerful.
i would recommend this cleanse to anyone who wants to try it. if you have no desire to try it, i would not recommend partaking in it.
easternsun
Posted 2006-02-08 3:05 AM (#43191 - in reply to #33674)

Hey D,

I have done that cleanse several times. How are you feeling now? I find days 6-8 challenging. You must be feeling extra clean and clear right now! If you have the chance hit a sauna - but drink heaps of water while you are in there. Or take a steamy, hot bath for as long as you can . The skin is a wonderful eliminative organ and getting sweaty works great with the cleanse.

Cyndi
Posted 2006-02-08 11:05 AM (#43230 - in reply to #42744)
Subject: RE: cleansing update

Expert Yogi

Hey D,

I was thinking about you the other day wondering how you were getting along.  I think it is wonderful that you are receiving benefits from this fast.  I'm curious about something.  When you are finished, what are your plans?? Like when you do start eating again? Do you immediately start filling back up with junk food or your regular eating patterns, or do you have a plan on keeping yourself balanced with food?  Anyone feel free to add their $5 too!  I'm serious about this because I think anyone can do this type of fast, but what's the point if you go back to your old unhealthy (not that your's was unhealthy D) regular eating patterns that put you in the fast to begin with.  It seems to me that fast would be a waste of time and effort if you didn't change some kind of eating pattern and/or lifestyle change, etc. 

Posted 2006-02-08 12:47 PM (#43235 - in reply to #43230)
Subject: RE: cleansing update

aww, thanks for thinking of me, cyndi.
i broke my fast sunday (3 days early). i ran out of fasting juice, and crashed. so i decided to drink some juice. and eat some food.
bad idea.
i'm still kind of adjusting to being off the fast. i've kinda been eating a lot of junk food as opposed to the three day juice/broth diet that is called for. its like the pendulum is swinging back the other way.
however, i received a vision in a dream last night, and i plan on modifying my diet. i had planned on it before, but uh, this dream really drove it home. hopefully i'll be mostly on raw foods, fresh fruits and vegetables, nuts and fermented soy products.
from most outsiders viewpoint, i already eat very healthy, but there are always greater heights to strive for.
i'm probably gonna fast again in early april, as well as a parasite/liver/kidney/bowel cleanse series.
anyone interested should check out these forums at www.curezone.com
its a vast storehouse of information.
MTVALDEZ
Posted 2006-10-10 12:48 PM (#66775 - in reply to #33674)

Good Morning All,
I am currently interested in try the 14-day detoxify program that includes 2 tbsp lemon or lime juice 2 tbsp of pure grade B maple syrup, 1/10 tsp cayenne pepper (red) , 12 oz of purified water (very warm). Also with drinking 2 tablespoons of sea salt and 32oz of spring Mineral water.
I’ve been reading the pros and cons about it I just wanted some insight from anyone that has experience with this whole detox procedure.
I have recently read an article from FOXnew titled 'CLEANSING' DIETS MAY BE WORTHLESS, DANGEROUS
That was posted Wednesday, September 20, 2006 By Richard Sine. Its pretty much scared me.
( here is the link http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,214802,00.html#)

I also heard that not to drink that Master Cleansing Juice in a plastic container because that plastic will leach into the drink. Is that true?

Anyone who has any insight on this I would greatly appreciate any helpful information

kulkarnn
Posted 2006-10-10 5:14 PM (#66803 - in reply to #66775)

MTVALDEZ - 2006-10-10 12:48 PM

Good Morning All,
I am currently interested in try the 14-day detoxify program that includes 2 tbsp lemon or lime juice 2 tbsp of pure grade B maple syrup, 1/10 tsp cayenne pepper (red) , 12 oz of purified water (very warm). Also with drinking 2 tablespoons of sea salt and 32oz of spring Mineral water.
I’ve been reading the pros and cons about it I just wanted some insight from anyone that has experience with this whole detox procedure.
I have recently read an article from FOXnew titled 'CLEANSING' DIETS MAY BE WORTHLESS, DANGEROUS
That was posted Wednesday, September 20, 2006 By Richard Sine. Its pretty much scared me.
( here is the link http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,214802,00.html#)

I also heard that not to drink that Master Cleansing Juice in a plastic container because that plastic will leach into the drink. Is that true?

Anyone who has any insight on this I would greatly appreciate any helpful information

This is not a cleansing program, but a toxic program.